Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
97SatusPass
Channel Surfer

Weird Al Yankovic commercial sequence

The Weird Al Yankovic commercial sequence is so Annoying I turn off the device everything I hear it.  PLEASE CHANGE IT!

47 REPLIES 47
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Weird Al Yankovic commercial sequence

Hi there, @97SatusPass.

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We see that you don't like how frequently the Weird Al Yankovic commercial is being televised.

We will consider this feedback, and you can use the following steps to personalize your advertisement on your Roku device: Home>Settings>Privacy>Personalized ads. Hopefully, this will help the problem with your Roku device's recurring advertisements.

Best regards,

Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
97SatusPass
Channel Surfer

Carly, where do I find Settings to change ads as you advised

Texconsin
Streaming Star

I've gone back to Pluto TV.  I'm trying to watch Ringside Politics on Real America's Voice and the whole Martha Stewart, Weird Al, etc. sequence has just played a dozen times in a row and wouldn't return to programming.  Pluto TV stinks, too, but I can't listen to "I Love Rocky Road" anymore.  And there is no setting called Privacy.  There is one for Advertising, but all that does is allow or disallow you eavesdropping on me to personalize ads.  I'd watch the Weird Al movie, if that would stop the commercial.  I'm also sick of "Weird Al is taking the world by storm!"  Although I bought his CDs, he NEVER took ANY world BY STORM.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Texconsin

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you tell us more about the issue you have about the concern you're running into? We'd like to know more about how we can help! How long has the issue existed? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can assist you further?

With detailed information, we will be better able to assist you.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

Texconsin
Streaming Star

The commercials over and over is a one-time issue.  The problem is that EVERY commercial break has the same commercials and the worst of the worst is your Roku original Weird Al Yankovic movie.  I can't watch those commercials any longer.  They've been on every commercial break for as long as I've been using the Roku app, so now I've gone back to Pluto TV, warts and all.  Pluto TV has its issues, but they're not compounded by the same sequence of commercials on every break.  "I Love Rocky Road" was never my favorite Weird Al parody and hearing it every 10 minutes makes me want to vomit.

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Texconsin

Thank you for the post.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the repeated commercial sequence and the frustration it has caused. We understand that the ads displayed may not always meet everyone's preferences or expectations. However, we make efforts to ensure that offensive images and content that may be disagreeable to Roku users are avoided.

It's important to note that commercial repetition can occur due to various factors, including ad scheduling algorithms and network connectivity issues. While we strive to provide a seamless and enjoyable viewing experience, occasional technical glitches may result in undesired repetitions.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Texconsin
Streaming Star

Sorry, but I don't understand, so I went back to Pluto TV.  When you finally figure out that you are making us sick and finally quit doing it, I'll check back with you.  But, since you won't do a thing to get those ads off the air, I won't check back for a year or two.

97SatusPass
Channel Surfer

Roku has succeeded in turning me away from every one of the programs in this sequence of commercials.  Is this by design for the programs or the stations?  I noticed other channels just go to a music break without a Roku commercial sequence.  What is that about?

Zzz334
Channel Surfer

Weird Al advertisement. All day long, all night long, that annoying commercial plays. We get it that you are trying to cater to millennials. My millennial daughter turned me on to Roku. I'm so sick of having to find the remote and put it on mute every time I have your service on.