Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Luigi1

Netflix app freezes all the time on Roku TCL TV

Watching Netflix became impossible. The app continuosly freezes and crash. All the other apps are working fine. My download speed is 935 mbps. So far I tried everything, rebooting, deleting the app and uploading it again to no avail. 

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Netflix app freezes all the time on Roku TCL TV

Hi @Luigi1,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.
Our team is currently aware of the issue with Netflix and is keen on investigating this one. That being said, would you please provide us the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • What channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jabanero

It's constant. It's notstop. It pretty much happens in every piece of content I try and is simply not usable anymore.

I see the comments in here and it's been happening far too long. I's not longer an option to use and disappointing enough that it's time to find alternatives.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jabanero,

Thanks for letting us know. We apologize for the experience.

We believe there's an ongoing investigation by our Roku engineers regarding this concern. To include your device in the said review and investigation, kindly provide us with the following:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Troubleshooting steps you have taken in an attempt to resolve the issue.

Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Sara4

Netflix constantly crashing

Netflix constantly crashes. I have to reset the whole system then watch it again. If I change shows or leave and watch again hours later then I need to restart it. My tv is only about 4 years old. It’s only with Netflix, prime, Disney and YouTube all work just fine. It’s an RCA 55”

0 Kudos
rmauri
Reel Rookie

I am plagued by this maddening issue too.
Netflix app on TCL Roku tv over wireless will have picture and sound freeze ; workaround is to rewind and start play again. This happens 99% of the time and is certaily a tech flaw that TCL can't seem to fix. I contacted support after updating latest build, using fastest most reliable wireless network. The support tech mad me unplug and depress the physical tv power button for a minute and restarfting the tv. Then the tech patiently waiting while I played netflix again and it worked fine and I was happy and closed the case.

The next day, I played netflix again and it froze again like before.

I don't have time to play QA with this **bleep** TV. I can cast over the same wireless w/o issues so it is something with the integrated netflix app. I do not recommend TCL; BEWARE

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Netflix channel. We're happy to help. We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue is persistent, kindly provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jmorel

Has there been any update or solution for this. I have the same issue. All apps work fine,  but Netflix keeps freezing or lagging constantly for several months now. Netflix works fine on my chrome TV, but for some reason it doesn't on the TCL tv.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.