Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa818
Reel Rookie

Viaplay channel not working

Shows continue to loop back to play. Went through all Trouble shooting prompts, none have solved the issue. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
30 REPLIES 30
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Viaplay channel not working

Hi @Lisa818,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Lisa818
Reel Rookie

There is no option to remove the channel. The only options I have are move channel, restart channel and manage subscription. I’ve tried everything else mentioned in your post 

0 Kudos
Lisa818
Reel Rookie

You shouldn’t recommend to remove and reinstall the channel , this is not an option when you are subscribed to it. This issue needs to be resolved asap  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@Lisa818-

Since this is a premium channel to which you subscribed through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe later if you like.)

Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Kroo
Reel Rookie

I am having the same problem and the steps above have not resolved this. 

Once I reinstall the app I am able to log in, and then it immediately redirects to the Roku Home Screen. On subsequent attempts to open the app the ViaPlay logo appears and then the Roku Home Screen reappears. 

0 Kudos
nielo
Channel Surfer

I'm relieved to find that I am not the only one suffering this issue with Viaplay and Roku. I've 'even factory reset' my Roku and loaded Viaplay all over again only to find, as others are saying, it immediately falls over upon choosing my profile.

The bottom line is that many of us seem not able to use Viaplay on Roku even though we are subscribing to do so.

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Kroo and @nielo,

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with this issue. We'll do our best to assist.

May we know if the issue persists with this specific channel only? How about on your other Roku devices (if there are any), does the issue occur? Also, have you tried utilizing an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to check if there will be a difference? Lastly, this could be a known issue with the channel. That being said, have you tried reaching out to the provider to inquire about additional troubleshooting steps?

Please inform us of what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
lala85
Reel Rookie

Trying to watch Nascar this evening and upon selecting My Profile the channel fails and the Home screen loads back up. This is kind of ridiculous and needs fixing. This is a channel I pay a subscription to and I expect to be able to watch it.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @lala85,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

We'd like to know more about the issue that you're experiencing. May we know what channel are you playing the Nascar? What device are you using right now? (e.g. Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV – specify TV) In the meantime, please try to update the channel by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the star button on your Roku remote, and selecting check for updates.

We look forward to hearing from you soon, and hope it helps!

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.