Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmorrison3

Hulu not working audio keeps going out

After commercial breaks the daily goes out. I’ve rest the tv and resigned in but It keeps happening and it only happens with Hulu 

2 REPLIES 2
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Hulu not working audio keeps going out

Hi @Mmorrison3,

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We're glad to assist.

Have you already tried performing the correct sequence of rebooting a channel? If not, we recommend you do so, as it works in most cases.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select the Remove channel.
  • Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System Restart.
  • After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

We also suggest checking for an update of the app by highlighting the channel tile, pressing the * button, and selecting update. If the issue persists, please let us know.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rbwksf
Binge Watcher

Re: Hulu not working audio keeps going out

I am watching "Only Murders in the Building" on Hulu with both closed captions and audio description turned on.  Like this user, the audio works fine until *after* a commercial break.  When the show starts, there is no audio (or audio description; closed captions are there).  I have found that if I rewind  just a bit and then press play on the Roku controller, the audio (and audio description) returns until after the next commercial break.  Thought it might be the AD but sounds like it is a problem that others are having (losing audio after a commercial break).  Quite a pain in the **bleep** (but at least I can get the audio back in a reasonably simple way.

Bob Warren

BTW: I often see the recommendation to remove and reinstall a channel.  But this is bogus advice since the Roku will not let you remove a channel that you are subscribed to...

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.