Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jackoptfc
Binge Watcher

Re: Viaplay Channel - Can’t Find

hi John

the app I’m looking for doesn’t exist in the Roku Store anymore. I’ve got Viaplay looking into this from their end and sent across other users on forums with the same issue, but no one at Roku is aware of any problems yet? 

Find attached screenshot of app not found in Roku store, same thing happens directly on device, and Viaplay website no longer showing Roku as a supported streaming device 

0 Kudos
Jackoptfc
Binge Watcher

IMG_1587.jpeg

IMG_1586.png

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jackoptfc,

Thank you for updating us here in the Roku Community!
As we are replicating this channel right here on our end, we can't see it. Please check out this support article here on why a channel is no longer available on my Roku streaming device.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

At Viaplay’s website:

https://viaplay.com/us-en/

I see:  “Subscribe through Roku. Add Viaplay to your Premium Subscriptions on The Roku Channel with either a monthly or yearly subscription.”

Have you tried looking within the The Roky Channel?

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Jackoptfc
Binge Watcher

Hi John,

you have sent me US links but I am in UK - could this be the reason? The list of supported devices I have sent above refers to UK and doesn’t include Roku (although both Roku and Viaplay help assure me it is!)

0 Kudos
Jackoptfc
Binge Watcher

@RokuJohnB here is another use from December 2023 who removed the app and when searches for it they can’t find it - the same as me - it’s not there. You also replied to this one

is there anyone working at Roku who can look into it?

to confirm, I am in the UK, I have tried on two devices as well as on browser

in the UK on devices, it’s a streaming store you download the apps from, whereas from some articles I can see the US has a Roku Channel where premium channels can be added. The Roku channel in the UK is not like this 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Viaplay-channel-not-working/td-p/932774

Meeshakee

I’m in Canada, for some reason I also can’t find Viaplay when I search on my Roku TV, as well as the website. The funny thing is my parents got in on their tv, but my dad couldn’t remember how he found it, go figure. 

Would really love this to be resolved as well! Cheers!

0 Kudos
RokuAustin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Jackoptfc wrote:

@RokuJohnB here is another use from December 2023 who removed the app and when searches for it they can’t find it - the same as me - it’s not there. You also replied to this one

is there anyone working at Roku who can look into it?

to confirm, I am in the UK, I have tried on two devices as well as on browser

in the UK on devices, it’s a streaming store you download the apps from, whereas from some articles I can see the US has a Roku Channel where premium channels can be added. The Roku channel in the UK is not like this 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Solving-playback-issues/Viaplay-channel-not-working/td-p/932774

Hi there! You'll want to reach out to the channel partner directly to see if the channel is available. If it is no longer appearing in the Roku channel store, the channel partner may have removed it. We don't have any additional information, but the channel partner should be able to help you out. Almost all channels on the Roku platform, except The Roku Channel, are built and managed by the channel partners themselves. 

Happy Streaming!

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.
0 Kudos
Jackoptfc
Binge Watcher

Hi All,

Viaplay confirm today that it is still available for Roku users in the UK - still not showing up in searches in the Roku Streaming Store.

i am not sure what ‘Channel Store’ is that keeps being mentioned, however I believe this is for the USA, in the UK it’s a streaming store, the Roku Chanel in the UK does not have subscriptions within it like in other regions 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Jackoptfc 

From what I am reading/seeing, it appears that Viaplay is only available through the Roku Channel in the US. 

For some reason, Viaplay is not coming up in the online Roku Channel Store (US) but is coming up on a device Search using the term "viaplay" as a result of "Viaplay on the Roku Channel".

Viaplay's press release of this agreement 12/2022 seems to further indicate the agreement for Viaplay on Roku is limited to US customers. (https://news.cision.com/viaplay-group/r/viaplay-launches-on-the-roku-channel-in-the-us,c3686615)

And, of course, the US version of Viaplay website (https://viaplay.com/us-en/) is listing Roku as a compatible device.

------

The UK version of Viaplay website (https://viaplay.com/gb-en/) is not listing Roku as a compatible device which seems to indicate that "Viaplay on the Roku Channel" is not currently supported in UK.

------

As a result, I think your best option would be to sign-up directly with Viaplay on their website.  By signing up directly with Viaplay (as opposed to signing up for any subscription 'through' Roku) is that it allows user to view the subscription on any supported device or platform. (basically gives you more ways to watch and not limited to using on a Roku device).

By doing the above, you could then either purchase an Android/Chromecast with GoggleTV/Firestick streaming device and watch it that way, or personally, I would watch through through the Viaplay website on a laptop and connect a HDMI cable to my TV so I could watch it on the larger screen.

Additionally, you may also be able to cast it through your Roku device using some casting apps like Web Video Caster to your TV from a mobile device like phone/tablet. (https://channelstore.roku.com/en-gb/details/dd37e6d096d3197a9578787890118e33/web-video-caster-receiv...).

Edited to add...

If Viaplay is confirming that Viaplay on the Roku Channel is available to UK users, you will need to ask them how you are supposed to add it to your Roku device.  I do not see a way currently. (perhaps they have not added it to the Roku Channel Store yet).  Since it is not a standalone channel/app, but only a channel/app available "on the Roku Channel" (when using a Roku device), I think Viaplay may be giving you some wrong information.  It is certainly available to UK users (through Viaplay subscription), but I don't think available to UK based Roku users.

I still think above previously mentioned method (direct subscription, then use HDMI cable or casting app) would be best course to follow if you want to watch Viaplay on your TV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos