Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruggles
Channel Surfer

Unable to view Acorn TV after subscribing getting an error code

I subscribed to Acorn TV on the Roku device, not through the Roku channel. I received a confirmation email from Roku. When I try to view the Acorn TV channel on the Roku device, or when I try to sign into the Acorn TV channel on the Roku device, I enter my Acorn TV credentials, and I see this error message.

Roku Billing

You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to Sign In. 2500-000000-607

When I try to sign into Acorn TV with my Roku credentials, I see this error message:
An error occurred when try to sign in: Unauthorized
Please verify your email and password and try again later.

When I try to watch the Acorn TV channel via the Roku channel, I am prompted to start a NEW subscription, which I don’t need, because my Roku account shows that I am ALREADY subscribed and have been charged for the channel.

It’s very frustrating to see that Roku has accepted payment for this channel, but I cannot view it!

43 REPLIES 43
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to view Acorn TV after subscribing. Error code 2500-000000-607

Hi @Ruggles,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are getting an error message when accessing your subscription for Acorn TV that is billed through Roku Pay. We apologized for the inconvenience this has caused.

Acorn TV creates its own channel and handles authentication against your subscription, so there isn't a way for Roku to manage or authenticate your Acorn TV credentials.

If the issue persists, you'll need to contact Acorn TV support to report the issue and request additional assistance. You can reach them here: Support : Acorn TV Help Center

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruggles
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your suggestion. I logged into my Acorn account and discovered that they do not show any subscriptions for me at all. Their support advice was as follows:

Please log in to Roku.com to manage your Roku-originated subscriptions. Acorn TV's customer service is unable to cancel or issue refunds for accounts purchased through Roku. To determine if you purchased your membership from Roku, log in at www.acorn.tv and visit the Account Status page. Under "Billing Information" you will see a note that identifies your account as a Roku or iTunes-originated account. If you do not see a note, you have a standard Acorn TV membership.

I did start my subscription on the Roku device, and Roku billed my credit card. My account page on Roku.com shows that I have an active subscription to Acorn TV billed through Roku. Because the Acorn TV web site does NOT show an active subscription for me at all, Roku must be the source of the problem. Roku needs to clear up the issue so I can watch the channel that I've paid for. Thank you.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ruggles,

Thanks for following up,

For these issues, it may be more effective for you to get help from our billing team.
Please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments & subscriptions" and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

We appreciate you again posting in Roku Community!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruggles
Channel Surfer

Thank you for your reply, Mary. When I click on the link you provided, a new web page opens, but then nothing further happens, other than I see the Windows spinning icon as if the computer were processing, but the screen never updates. I tried this same link last night, but the computer ran all night without taking me to the Accounts - Payments support page. I don't know how to contact them since the link doesn't work for me. Thanks.

Ruggles
Channel Surfer

For the third day in a row, I still cannot watch the Acorn TV channel, even though I have paid for it through Roku Pay. The link to the Payments and Billing page does not work for me in Windows 10. I have not been able to resolve my issue. I am still paying for a channel via Roku that I cannot watch. This situation in not acceptable. I need directions that will allow me to connect to the Payments and Billing group. There is no way that works for me, even though I have tried all the support links on the Roku site.

Please advise.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Ruggles,

Thanks for following up.

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About.

Once we have this information, we'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ruggles
Channel Surfer

Thanks kindly for your reply, Mary.

My Roku serial number is X004007NV9K5. That is the one on which I placed the order.

I have another device as well: 4124CF101929.

I don't know if you need both numbers, but now you have both if you need them.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards, @Ruggles

0 Kudos
David19481

I have similar problems. Did you get any helpful advice?

Ruggles
Channel Surfer

Hi, David. The Support Team requested my Roku device serial number, which I supplied earlier today. I'm waiting to hear back from them. If they don't post here with a solution, then I'll post something to describe the outcome. I think there was just a glitch somewhere, and the Support Team should be able to resolve the issue.

Best,

Ruggles