Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jabatx
Channel Surfer

Re: canceled acorn still got billed

The problems with Acorn are absurd, aren't they? They have some great shows, but the billing issues still haven't been sorted out by Roku and Acorn (and AMC). I just broke down and renewed, and I can't watch it in any capacity, but I suspect I'll get double billed AGAIN. You'd think after years of this issue, it would get resolved. 

0 Kudos
jabatx
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to view Acorn TV after subscribing getting an error code

Wanted to see a show, renewed Acorn TV, but should have known better. The renewal shows on Roku. Can't get beyond the login and a page that told me when I cancelled before and do I want to renew.  Roku TV won't show the channel.  Acorn TV app tells me that "you have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to Sign n. 2500-000000-607"

(so yes, it's a Roku issue)

I've tried adding the app, making sure Roku is up to date, restarting the Roku device, and checking for app updates for Acorn TV (which has a different look than when I last subscribed). I cannot remove the Acorn TV app; there is no prompt to remove it, even after restarting the device.

The subscription shows on the Roku side. It prompted me for a trial, not an account restart, which is probably part but not all the issue. Roku has had issues for years with some services that it allows you to subscribe on the Roku side but the service also has it's own login. 

The Acorn TV side, despite showing © 2024 RLJ Entertainment, Inc. at the bottom, doesn't go beyond an account screen telling me when I last subscribed (in 2023), and a button to renew, which goes to a mostly blank screen.

Really fed up with this. 

0 Kudos
jabatx
Channel Surfer

Re: Unable to view Acorn TV after subscribing getting an error code

Doesn't work for me. Even with logging out, logging back in, and when logging out and trying an app restart, checking for app updates. The Acorn app has no delete option for me anymore. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: canceled acorn still got billed

Hi @jabatx,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We understand you're having a problem with the charge on your account.

We recommend verifying that you currently do not have any active subscriptions by logging into your Roku account online at my.roku.com and clicking Manage your subscriptions. 

Additionally, please check whether you have multiple Roku accounts.

For more information about how to review unrecognized charges, you can take a look at this link: What to do if there is a charge you do not recognize | Official Roku Support

If you need further assistance with account and billing-related issues, please contact them directly through our Account-Billing Support page. Choose the options for "Account, payments, and subscriptions," and they are the best ones to help you out with that matter.

Kind regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos