Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to disable Amazon Prime auto playback of movie trailers when browsing catalog.

Jump to solution

Yes the option isn't there at all. It's a prime problem. I wish they would fix this. Annoying

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Unable to disable Amazon Prime auto playback of movie trailers when browsing catalog.

Jump to solution

Hi, @GrettaAcorn.

Thanks for sharing your sentiments here.

Since this is an isolated case involving the Prime Video app exclusively, we strongly advise that you contact their Support team for further assistance and clarification.

Please be advised that the majority of content on the Roku platform comes from streaming channels maintained and updated independently by the channel's provider.

Kindly refer to @RokuERey's post above. 

In the meantime, you may highlight the channel tile of this app and press the star (*) button on your remote to check for updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
citsejam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi,

I'm suffering from the same problem.

The solution to disable the auto playback described here

https://support.roku.com/en-gb/article/21746972784279

does not work for me:

When I go to settings, I do not have a menu entry "Accessibility"

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@citsejam, are you in the UK?

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
citsejam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@renojimI'm from Germany.

Does roku offer different options, based on country?

0 Kudos
WIseyD
Channel Surfer

Re: How to fix auto-play issues on Roku?

Jump to solution

This is only an issue on the ROKU. 

Same app, version and build on Xbox has the autoplay option available in the side menu between 'language' and 'buying' allowing you to toggle on/off trailers, previews and live events. 

The menu doesn't appear on the ROKU.

Side menu in App on Roku - no auto play option 

Side menu same App on Xbox - auto play option available 

WIseyD
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Pretty sad passing the buck and setting this as solved, it isn't.

Eserim2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

repeat of fix I have found - switch off frame rate matching on Roku Advanced settings - it is the switching of frame rates for the trailers that causes a HDMI re-negotiation - in effect, black screen for a second or two

0 Kudos
citsejam
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have found this setting, but it means everything is displayed with 60 fps.

Where do the additional frames come from, if the source is e.g. 25fps?

I don't want to end up with a soap opera effect, due to "intelligent" frame creation.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@citsejam wrote:

Does roku offer different options, based on country?

I believe they do, but I can't say for sure if that's why you don't have Accessibility settings.  It's usually an issue when people try to use a Roku device in a region that's not supported, but Germany is supported.  There can also be issues if a device is set up in one region/country and moved to a different one or if there's an issue with the Roku account being associated with the wrong region which is often caused by setting up the account when using a VPN.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.