Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amtrakuk
Binge Watcher

Unable to clear Discovery+ Cookie message

Jump to solution

i tried watching discovery+ but I get a message about cookies and privacy.  However I try to use the Roku remote control I cannot select any of the options to clear the message.

i have tried to restart the app.  I am unable to uninstall the app using the * option

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Unable to clear Discovery+ Cookie message

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

This would appear to be an issue with the Discovery+ channel. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • where you are currently located

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel provider to help resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I too have had this problem. I couldn't get pass the cookie screen what ever buttons I pressed.

I have manged to solve this after noticing that when restarting the app (using the * and restart app menu) , and after the Discovery+ loading screen had finish and the cookie acknowledgement starts up the accept icon flashes. So I tried restarting the app and when the Discovery loading screen was starting I continuously pressed the OK button and it must have triggered  the accept and Discovery loaded. I have closed it down and opened it several times now and the cookie screen does not reappear.

Hope this helps everyone.

You can them get to your account in the menu screen and alter what cookies you want from there.

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @Amtrakuk

Thanks for the post.

Does the issue only occur on Discovery+ or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Also, please be advised that if you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription first before you see the Remove channel option.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Amtrakuk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks @RokuKariza-D it happens only on the Discovery + (As if they have changed their usage policy)

I thought reinstalling the Disco+ app may have worked however as you say its a subsciption channel so unable to remove.   I have cancelled the subscription as I am unable to use the channel.

I will check this evening to see if I am able to remove the channel and reinstall it.

0 Kudos
phuckstepp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue. Can't get past the cookie settings. Uninstalling and reinstalling only seems to be possible when the subscription is cancelled, but reinstalling the channel didn't help at all.

0 Kudos
Amtrakuk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OK.   Lets hope Disco resolves the issue as I believe it is the provider that publishes the app on the Roku platform.

0 Kudos
phuckstepp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I contacted Discovery+ and asked them and apparently they are aware of the issue with the Roku version and 'hope' to have an update shortly.

Sadly, I'm on a 7 day trial so I doubt that I'll get to use it at all.

0 Kudos
Amtrakuk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

If you explain to them, they may give you a voucher.   It is a great channel with something for everyone.

0 Kudos
phuckstepp
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did tell them I was on the free trial. They were less than interested in offering anything to help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide a screenshot of what you are seeing on screen so we can better understand the issue you are experiencing? In addition, have you already tried contacting the channel provider support directly to inquire further? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cdm999
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

How to add screenshot - I don't see an option.....

0 Kudos