Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
garycuk

Re: Unable to clear Discovery+ Cookie message

Jump to solution

Seems to be a problem with the app. I have also reported to Discovery + who say it is with their technical team.

0 Kudos
Amtrakuk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

IMG_20230131_194013.jpg

No matter how much button pushing on the remote allows any of the buttons on the right to be selected.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

This would appear to be an issue with the Discovery+ channel. For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • where you are currently located

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel provider to help resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I too have had this problem. I couldn't get pass the cookie screen what ever buttons I pressed.

I have manged to solve this after noticing that when restarting the app (using the * and restart app menu) , and after the Discovery+ loading screen had finish and the cookie acknowledgement starts up the accept icon flashes. So I tried restarting the app and when the Discovery loading screen was starting I continuously pressed the OK button and it must have triggered  the accept and Discovery loaded. I have closed it down and opened it several times now and the cookie screen does not reappear.

Hope this helps everyone.

You can them get to your account in the menu screen and alter what cookies you want from there.

mnphoto

Jump to solution

Tommylad!! you sir... you need a few free beers! worked for me.. restart the app..mash the ok button,, boom,,in! thank you !!

cdm999
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Worked for me too - excellent !

Apart from having to blanket accept cookies in order to be able to use the app....

Great work around the issue though.... 👍🏻

0 Kudos
Amtrakuk
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

WOW!   I'll give it a go tonight!  Sounds promising - many thanks!

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Amtrakuk

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
A_E_W

Jump to solution

It worked for me too (on two sticks).

However, going to the account settings didn't work. I can select the [Manage] button for the cookies, but it doesn't do anything.

0 Kudos