Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Re: Uh oh an error has occurred, but we're working on fixing it. we'll be up and streaming again ...

I called Paramount+ and they said there are currently no known issues with Roku.  They made a claim with their technical dept and I’m supposed to hear back via email.  We shall see…

djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Re: Uh oh an error has occurred, but we're working on fixing it. we'll be up and streaming again ...

Bought thru Apple.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@djmercury1, bought through Apple?  That's likely your problem.  Buying through a third party often comes with limitations like you can only use the subscription on certain devices.  You're always better off subscribing directly with the provider to avoid such issues.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Sp00n
Channel Surfer

I had bought it through Google Play store and thought that might have been the issue. So to check I just cancelled and signed up directly with Paramount+ and a different email (I had to, the same email wouldn't work, the site froze). 

It didn't fix the Roku Paramount+ app issue. Still doesn't work on my Ultra (Home) or Express (Bedroom and Travel).

Anyone of us travellers? I travel for work all around the country all the time and bring my Roku express with me.

Just trying to isolate variables.

0 Kudos
esqknight
Channel Surfer

We have a direct subscription. We only have one Roku device, an ultra.  Paramount Plus was working fine until it wasn't. We are unable to sign in on our iphones which is out of scope for Roku but adding as variable. 

0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

Haven't had any issues with any apps only being available on certain devices, that would be insane.  It just stopped working a couple of weeks ago on Roku only, Paramount seemed to be dumbfounded when I called.  Haven't heard back from their technical team yet, will advise when I do.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to us here in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are facing issues with the Paramount Plus channel. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and version/build is the channel? (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@djmercury1, it may be insane, but it's often the case.  If you make a purchase through Roku, here's part of the "Terms of purchase" that I'm sure few people read:

"Certain content may be viewed only within The Roku Channel, only on Roku devices, or only in certain geographical locations..."

Emphasis added.

I don't know what terms other 3rd parties may have, but I'll still say it's always better to bypass any 3rd party and go right to the source.

Hopefully Paramount/CBS can get to the bottom of it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

No joke, that’s wild.  I’ll make sure to buy direct moving forward.

0 Kudos
djmercury1
Binge Watcher

MODEL: 4800X - Roku Ultra

SERIAL #: X01000F3URK7

DEVICE ID:S02A20A3URK7

SOFTWARE VERSION: 12.0.0 - build 4184-C2

PARAMOUNT+ Version 8.7 - build 20231002

Tracker ID K7-416-223

0 Kudos