Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tooleymm

Says I have channel, but I cant watch it

I went on ROKU and it says I already have NatGeo. But I cant watch it with out paying per episode?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Says I have channel, but I cant watch it

I'm not sure what you mean by, "it says I already have NatGeo", but most apps are free to install but may require a subscription or, in the case of NatGeo, you must have a cable or satellite package that includes it.  I didn't even think paying per episode was a possibility.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
toomed0011

Re: Says I have channel, but I cant watch it

If you're experiencing difficulties accessing NatGeo on Roku despite having the channel, and it's prompting you to pay per episode, Thes are some steps you can take to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Subscription Verification:

• Confirm that your subscription to National Geographic is active and associated with your Roku account. Ensure that you are logged in with the correct credentials.
  2. Roku Account Information:

• Double-check your Roku account information, making sure that the payment details are up-to-date and associated with the correct subscription plan.
  3. App Authentication:

• Some channels require additional authentication steps. Check if there is an activation code or a link that you need to follow to authenticate your NatGeo subscription on Roku.
  4. Check NatGeo App Settings:

• Inside the NatGeo app on Roku, look for account settings or subscription information. Make sure your account is recognized as a subscriber, and there are no issues with the account status.
  5. Contact NatGeo Support:

• If the issue persists, reach out to National Geographic's customer support. They can provide specific assistance regarding your account and any issues with accessing content.
  6. Roku Software Update:

• Ensure that your Roku device's software is up-to-date. Go to Settings > System > System Update to check for and install any available updates.
  7. Clear Cache and Reinstall:

• Clear the cache for the NatGeo app on Roku. If the issue persists, consider uninstalling and reinstalling the NatGeo channel to ensure you have the latest version.
  8. Payment Confirmation:

• Verify your payment history on Roku to ensure that you have not been charged erroneously. If there are payment issues, it may affect your ability to access subscribed content.
  9. Regional Restrictions:

• Confirm that the NatGeo content you are trying to access is available in your region. Some content may be subject to regional restrictions.
  10. Roku Customer Support:

• If the problem persists after trying the above steps, contact Roku customer support for assistance. They may be able to help troubleshoot any technical issues with the NatGeo channel on your Roku device.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.