Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DogMom85
Reel Rookie

Third Watch is pixelated on Roku Channel

Jump to solution
  • I'm watching Third Watch, season 1 on the Roku Channel and it's super pixelated on all of our Roku boxes and when I steam it on my phone. No other shows or apps are having this issue. I've checked our internet speed and everything is fine. I also did some network/router troubleshooting and that didn't fix it.

Anyone else have this issue?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Third Watch is pixelated on Roku Channel

Jump to solution

@DogMom85 

Just tried Third Watch on the Roku Channel and seeing the same thing. (very poor resolution).

It seems to be be playing fine on the free channel/app Tubi though, so may want to watch it there until resolved on the Roku Channel. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/7c34d32446def64db7eb2cc359749fe5/tubi-free-movies-and-tv

------

Hopefully @RokuDanny-R can forward to the team to fix.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm guessing it is a temporary or at most a regional glitch. Most of these "problems" are just par for the streaming course, and resolve themselves. If not, just use another source (eg Tubi vs Roku vs paid service).

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@DogMom85 

Just tried Third Watch on the Roku Channel and seeing the same thing. (very poor resolution).

It seems to be be playing fine on the free channel/app Tubi though, so may want to watch it there until resolved on the Roku Channel. 

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/7c34d32446def64db7eb2cc359749fe5/tubi-free-movies-and-tv

------

Hopefully @RokuDanny-R can forward to the team to fix.

dfgsrzwer
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I'm guessing it is a temporary or at most a regional glitch. Most of these "problems" are just par for the streaming course, and resolve themselves. If not, just use another source (eg Tubi vs Roku vs paid service).

DogMom85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you both for checking on it! I'm watching it on Tubi for now. 😎

0 Kudos
Kdgrant0

Jump to solution

Thank you for the Tubi advice. I'm going to check that out. I'm having the same issue with season 3 if third watch on all my devices through Roku. I'm diggin the show and would hate to ha e to stop watching it. 

0 Kudos
LisaDT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YES and it’s been this way for the last 3 weeks 😩 Glad I found this post, hopefully Roku will fix this issue 

0 Kudos
DogMom85
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

After watching so many other shows since the first time I watched Third Watch, I am seeing so many appearances of actors from other shows I love! Bosch, Justified, Rescue Me. And even Charlie from It's Always Sunny!

Awesome show!

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @DogMom85,

We regret hearing from you regarding The Roku channel. We want to gather more information about the issue you're running into. Can you please give us more details regarding the problem you're having so we can further assist you:

• Roku device model, serial number, Device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.
  • When did you start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation. We are looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@RokuAnjelie 

This does not appear to be a device issue as the poor video quality is occuring on both user devices and online Roku Channel.

This should be forwarded to the appropriate team to correct if it has not already been so.

0 Kudos
LisaDT
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Anjelie, here is my issue ID # 50-293-104. I am able to watch it on Tubi crystal clear. On the Roku channel I checked out random other shows for comparison and they are not pixelated. Thanks 

0 Kudos