Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug0325

Re: The Roku channel - Live TV not working

Jump to solution

Maybe from the crowdsouce problem that’s affecting the airlines??

No-app
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Multiple apps (Apple TV+, Paramount+, Hulu) won't load on two different Roku Ultra players. There were no issues prior to the start of the IT outage yesterday. Is it coincidence, or is there another explanation?

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@No-app My Hulu and Apple TV+ are working fine.  I would restart the Roku device.  Go to settings, power, and system restart.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of this ongoing issue that is currently happening. Rest assured that the team is looking closely to determine the cause and help you find the best resolution possible. 

We'd like to include your affected Roku devices in the process of investigation and gather the necessary information such as follows:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and current software version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Video clip of the occurring issue.
  • Any error message prompted. 

We'll be looking forward to your responses.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
No-app
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@HDMIGuy - I've restarted both devices multiple times, and it does not resolve the issue. I checked my network connection, restarted my router, and on and on. It seems odd to me that everything was working fine on Wednesday on both devices, as it has been for long time, and on Thursday there are problems with multiple apps. I don't think the problem is local.

0 Kudos
Doug0325

Jump to solution

Mine started working now

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Doug0325 wrote:

Maybe from the crowdsource problem that’s affecting the airlines??

That's a strong possibility. The IT failure is global, and is impacting far more than the airlines. Even one of my local broadcast stations is stating it's impacting their ability to broadcast some video, and we have one entire station (which broadcasts Me-TV along with several other channels) is completely off the air.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

We do appreciate you for keeping us posted about this issue.

We believe that this has been resolved now, please try again or perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (if available) > System restart.

Still seeing the issue, here's what to do.

Search the Community: Take a look around the Roku Community forums. You might find another thread discussing the same problem with more recent information.

Start a New Thread: If you can't find an existing thread that matches your issue, feel free to create a new one!

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
No-app
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

All apps are loading now. After I posted I noticed that I also had the Live TV issue that others mentioned. That issue is resolved now as well.

sterlinga
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel (ONLY The Roku Channel) Not working

Jump to solution

In the many previous blogs titled, "Roku channel shows not playing," WHY does everyone ask, what channel? IT's ONLY THE ROKU CHANNEL and EVERTHING ON IT!

Roku device model, 3820X
serial number, X0170070NS81
device ID, S08Y4190NS81
software OS/version, 13.0.0 BUILD 24056-CU
IP address 172.16.0.2
does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel The ROKU CHANNEL ***ONLY***
what version/build 9.3 build 10

tracker ID
press the Home button 5 times,
followed by the Back button 5 times
and provide us with this ID)
just goes HOME

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing
There are no "steps" just click on the channel app or a movie linked to that channel. click watch and it blinks and returns to the watch button screen

where are you currently located
in my living room

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.