Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobonfarm

Sudden extra loud commercials some scumbag is bringing them back

Jump to solution

Some some one is illegally raising the volume on commercials they are scum bags 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sudden extra loud commercials some scumbag is bringing them back

Jump to solution

@ausca, for the first issue, try turning on "volume leveling".  Press * while you're watching a video and look for "Volume mode".

It's not clear what you're saying for the second issue, but if you're asking how to get sound out of the TV while headphones are connected, many TVs don't allow this.  From the TCL website:

https://support.tcl.com/us-headphones-setup-configuration/how-do-i-get-sound-from-both-the-tv-and-he...

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy

Jump to solution

Irritating, yes.  Illegal, no.   FCC limitations on commercial loudness apply to over the air transmission, not to streaming.

I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
ausca

Jump to solution

Yes, I am also irrated by extra loud commercials, need to know how to control the volume setting without actually turning down the remote volume.

Also need info on whether a special Y headphone connector is required for  a TCL Roku 32".

My Y connector works with my Sennheiser headphones but have to remove the Y connector  to get the TV volume to work.  Cannot switch from one to the other  using the remote.Advise, Bill

0 Kudos
renojim

Jump to solution

@ausca, for the first issue, try turning on "volume leveling".  Press * while you're watching a video and look for "Volume mode".

It's not clear what you're saying for the second issue, but if you're asking how to get sound out of the TV while headphones are connected, many TVs don't allow this.  From the TCL website:

https://support.tcl.com/us-headphones-setup-configuration/how-do-i-get-sound-from-both-the-tv-and-he...

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.