Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sharilyn11

Starz on Roku not working

I go to Starz to watch a show and it makes the sound like it's going to start, the screen goes black momentarily and then I'm back where I started at the show I want to watch. Nothing will play on Starz. Payment cleared yesterday so I know that's not it. I contacted Roku support yesterday and they said they were aware of the problem and were working on it. Got an email a couple of hours later saying they had resolved the issue. Not! It's still not working. I've done everything on my end that has been suggested....help!

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RG5
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz on Roku not working, Paramount on Roku not working, allblk on Roku not working

I'm having the same problem with the following:

Starz on Roku not working, Paramount on Roku not working, allblk on Roku not working

Ricky Germany

0 Kudos
RG5
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz on Roku not working, Paramount on Roku not working, allblk on Roku not working

Starz on Roku not working, Paramount on Roku not working, allblk on Roku not working

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Starz on Roku not working

Hi @Sharilyn11, @RG5,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Best regards,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmarsh929
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz and MGM+ on Roku not working

I have not been able to play anything on with program for the last two days. Can you please advise why it is not working. My subscription is thru the Roku channel not the app or companies directly. Thank you

0 Kudos
RG5
Reel Rookie

In some cases, removing the channel and then reinstalling it may help. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below, making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel. Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on your Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Home>Settings>System>Power. "If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step." System restart.
  3. Reinstall the channel. Visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

Hello Sharilyn

This method did not work I have been trying for a couple of days.  Looks like Roku needs to get involved 

Ricky 

0 Kudos
SharonAALF
Reel Rookie

I have been unable to watch anything on the STARZ channel for the past few days on my ROKU.  My subscription is paid up, so would like to know what to expect.  Is there a problem and when will it be fixed.  Will my subscription be extended due to the problem??

We have been subscribers for many years and this is the first time this has happened.  Please advise.

Sharon Alford

0 Kudos
Kanoo

I am experiencing the same problem

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings, Community users!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and we'd like to know more about it.

Could you please elaborate on the behavior you're experiencing? What are the steps to reproduce the issue? What were the troubleshooting steps taken to resolve this?

We can see and work further on this with a better understanding of it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SharonAALF
Reel Rookie

I am using the ROKU Ultra box to access my account on my LG Smart TV.  When I select STARZ to watch a particular program, none of them will play.  They go to the episode selection screen and just sits there.  When you select the episode you want to watch, nothing changes.  This has been going on for 3 days now, and I am quite disappointed.  I have rebooted the TV, Roku player, and my router several times, with no success. 

Please let me know if I need to do something else to get this to work.  Also, it appears that I do not have the option to delete the STARZ channel and then re-add it.  Not sure what to do next.

Thank for any help you can offer.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.