Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarsh929
Reel Rookie

Re: Starz on Roku not working

Hi Rey,

I am using my Roku Ultra box and I'm subscribed to Starz and MGM+ thru the Roku channel. When I select a movie on either Starz or MGM+ and select play, it would go blank then return to the play screen. Last night was five days of not being able to use it. My wife just turned it on today and it is now working. Go figure...🙄

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@SharonAALF,

Thanks for the reply!

We appreciate the attempts at resolving this and the additional details about this.

Could you tell us if this issue still occur if you try to connect you Roku device to an alternative network such as mobile hotspot?

Please be noted that once your subscription is through Roku, you don't have any options to remove the channel unless canceling the subscription.

Keep us posted on what you find out!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SharonAALF
Reel Rookie

STARZ still NOT working after a week.  What is going on??  Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SharonAALF,

Thanks for keeping us posted.

We understand that the Starz channel is still not working. For us to better understand the situation, would you be so kind as to tell us if you're directly subscribed to Starz or through Roku Pay? Also, what troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Your response would be much appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mbdsmith

Here it is August 23, 2023 and this problem is still not fixed. I subscribe directly through Starz. I’m using Roku model 4620X Roku Premiere. My internet connection is wireless and check internet connection states it is excellent. Starts does not work. I’ve tried uninstalling and restarting the system and then installing again, same problems. If I click on Starz I get a black screen and can’t back out. I then have to turn everything off to get roku to work again. I have no problems watching Netflix and Hulu. I have an LG Smart Tv and it does not allow the Starz app so the only way for me to watch is through my Roku. If this problem continues I will be forced to get rid of Starz as I’m not going to pay for something I can’t watch. Very disappointed 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @mbdsmith,

Welcome to the Roku Community, and thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We see that this must be an ongoing issue, and even the attempts to resolve it have had no luck. We would like to investigate this further, and in order for us to get a better grasp on it, we will need your assistance.

Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • If possible, can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

Once we have the information available, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KennRisa9

Just started a 7-day free subscription for Starz and MGM yesterday but cannot get anything to play either. It searches and brings up episodes just fine but they will not play. I now can't remove the channel to re-add it. I have system restarted to no avail.

Since I did the trial through Roku I do not have a Starz login to try and watch on other devices. I've wasted 36 hours of a free trial so far.

How do I fix this? 

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @KennRisa9,

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community!

This seems like an issue that the channel provider can directly address since our channel partners manage and maintain their own channels on the Roku platform. We recommend contacting Starz and MGM+ and inquiring further about this to enable full access to their content during your free trial.

We hope for your understanding regarding this.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.