Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OG
Binge Watcher

DirectTV app volume dropping out frequently

I found that a previous thread (see below) on this topic had claimed that the problem has been resolved. I have 3 different Roku devices, and all of them exhibit the problem whereby the volume drops down. One poster (Mgoins) found that changing channels fixed the problem temporarily, which I've also been doing. So if this problem has been resolved, I'm sure not experiencing it.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Sound-issues-Directv-app-with-Roku/td-p/862649/page/5

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: DirectTV app volume dropping out frequently

Hi @OG,

We appreciate your communication about the issue with the Direct TV channel within the Roku Community. To further understand and address the situation, it would be helpful to learn when you first encountered this issue and if any recent updates may have had an impact. 

We would also like to know if the troubleshooting listed on our support page here on how to resolve a channel playback issue, helps.

Tell us more about this and what troubleshooting steps were made if clear.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
OG
Binge Watcher

The DirecTV audio problem has been ongoing for a very long time, (think years), and has persisted over what I would have to believe is several updates. None of the usual "trouble shooting" tricks have had any effect. Some info from one of the devices below:

Model 3920X Roku Premiere

SN YH0090830413

Software version 13.0.0 build 24056-91

Device ID K428A9830413

Last sys update 6/7/24

0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

Hey ROKU SUPPORT --> How's about posting this to the ISSUE TRACKING FORUM? Eh?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.