Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joebios01
Streaming Star

Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Can you provide the OS version containing any fixes?

My 3800x hasnt updated since 1/17/24 (OS 12.5.5 4174-55). DirecTV app 3.35 3840103. I just checked and there are no updates pending.

The issue occurred YESTERDAY!

Labels (1)
9 REPLIES 9
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: [RESOLVED] Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Hi @joebios01,

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community!

We want to further investigate this issue that you're having with the Direct TV channel. May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far? Do you have any other device(s) connected to your TV? (e.g., speakers and another sound system) Is this the only channel that you're having issues with?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,                                                                                                                                                      John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

Re: [RESOLVED] Sound issues Directv app with Roku

This was in response to ROKU marking an OPEN PROBLEM resolved!

Problem NOT RESOLVED as it just OCCURED TODAY.

Please stop asking for the SAME INFORMATION you have RECEIVED PREVIOUSLY!

Techhound
Binge Watcher

Re: Sound issues Directv app with Roku

Yes how is it not.

0 Kudos
Techhound
Binge Watcher

I've had the same issue for years called their tech support. They can't figure nothing out. They're just a bunch of idiots there. They won't even let you send them specific examples. I had tens of examples for them to look at it but they didn't want to look at it. They're not "set up" to do that. Well then you don't have much of a technical support department then do you?

0 Kudos
Techhound
Binge Watcher

No and at this period of time it looks like there never will be one.

0 Kudos
joebios01
Streaming Star

I'm taken back how inept ROKU's handling of this issue has been.

Between customer support requesting users provide information that has apparently gone in the shredder, to claiming the issue was resolved when it clearly wasnt, to false assurances that the problem was being worked when it apparently was not.

I like to think ROKU the support staff and line development come to work wanting to do their jobs well, but something is seriously amiss at ROKU these days. 

Given the unforced errors with bricking devices unless to users agree to updated T&Cs I guess ROKU is taking the "so sue me" tact in-lieu of customer satisfaction.

DLB7
Reel Rookie

I am trialing Directv and am having this issue on a Roku Ultra 4670X to a Yamaha Receiver. Changing Audio output to stereo resolves the audio cutting out every 10-15 seconds, but then no Dolby/DTS, which is not good. Someone else mentioned changing Volume Mode to Leveling or Night, which changes output to receiver to PCM is again a bandaid and not ideal. It is clearly something with the Dolby Digital. It happens if I select DD or DD plus in settings. I just noticed when programming went to commercial receiver showed DD Sur and I didn’t have issue. As soon as programming came back on, RED2 on BBC America, receiver showed DD without the Sur and issue started again. 

Cheetah15
Channel Surfer

And here we are still with this issue in 2024 since 2022.  Sad they won't do anything. 

Cheetah15
Channel Surfer

Lol. It is NOT resolved. Nice blow off try though

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.