Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kidkrash
Streaming Star

Re: SiriusXM app crashing on Roku Express after recent update

Jump to solution

@farnandez wrote:

I also had a similar issue with app, and I am also looking for it's solution.

did you find any solution?

No. Just some workarounds.

• Listen to a channel above 1000
  • Dont use either of my Roku Express devices.
  • Use my TCL Roku TV's
  • Use my android devices.

Since the Roku Express is on the low end of the Roku offerings I suspect it the issue may be some sort of memory buffer issue which is not being handled gracefully. Hopefully they fix it soon. I am having my wife call SiriusXM Customer Retention team tomorrow and I am sure the end result will be not getting a bill until this issue is fully resolved.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

@mcasella-sc-rr- 

Providing the model number, both the manufacturer model number and the Roku model number, would actually be helpful to their tech support. Since this isn't impacting everyone, they need as much information as they can to narrow down where the cause is. Without such additional information, the landscape is huge. If they get reports from multiple users, and can detect a pattern with the model numbers or manufacturers, they may be able to resolve it quicker.

Keep in mind that are over three dozen Roku model numbers currently supported, so anything that can direct the focus is always helpful.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

bobryen1

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

Same here. Still not working on the new app with roku.

now just listening to the roku music channels.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sirius XM keeps shutting off

Jump to solution

@mcasella-sc-rr-

Please see this existing post re this issue:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channel-Issues-Questions/SiriusXM-response-received/m-p/797367/highlig...

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Today I went to Walmart and bought the ONN streaming device, its a Walmart brand device, it cost me $19.88.  After getting it setup, took me maybe 10 minutes, I found the SiriusXM app in its Google play store, then installed it and logged in with my SiriusXM info.  I was able to listen to SiriusXM for over an hour on it, and it did not cut off.  Then I tried the Roku Express and it cut off after 15 minutes.  My suggestion is to invest in the Onn walmart device, totally worth it, can get all the same app's as on the Roku.

Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Is this ever getting fixed? I tried to play SiriusXM at our Memorial day party, but I had to restart the app every 20 minutes... I doubt my guests will ever buy a Roku or SiriusXM.

0 Kudos
JBad
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I canceled my Sirius XM. My annual renewal was coming up and I just decided enough is enough. The fact that they rolled out this buggy update was bad enough. Their response to it has been even worse. The customer service person i spoke with didn't even know about this. In the meantime, I found a free music streaming app on roku called accuradio. No ads. Lots of good playlists. This whole debacle gave me a good reason to cancel. Made it even easier when the "discounted rate" you get keeps on increasing by a little every year.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mizebonyangel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have previously provided the requested information.

TestPattern51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good Grief RokuMary-F, just roll back to the previous version of the SXM software!  Why was this not done right away?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.