Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I have 6 different Rokus in my house. It happens on all of them. I have to give the info for each of the six? Just roll back the software, please.

barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I have 3 Roku Expresses.  All bought from Roku directly on website within the last year.  All are affected. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: SiriusXM channel not playing continuously

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,
Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!
We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Smooch
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

This morning I posted on the SXM Facebook page, was asked by page admin to continue in direct message, so I did. As asked, I gave them all my info, including my TV even though it is not a Roku TV.

They seem to be winnowing out all the variables. I posted the link to this forum on the FB page. I don't know if it is still there; I haven't been back. I did say in DM that SXM is losing subscribers over this. I am not going to support their inaction, but I optimistically believe they are "working on it" ... without bothering to update their subscriber base.

Not being a tech, I can't say who is responsible for this, but if Roku and SXM are not working together on this ... they should be.

rabidbaby
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Mary, I'm not giving you my serial numbers because you really don't need them to solve this problem. Here's the general info about my TVs, all of which have the same issue: 

40" Sharp Roku TV, Model LC-40LB601U, Software version 11.0.0, build 4193-69
32" TCL ROku TV, Model 32S301-W, Software version 11.0.0, build 4193-69
43" RCA Roku TV Model, RTRU4327-US, Software version 11.0.0, build 4193-69

All three TVs exit the Sirius XM app after about 20 minutes of playing. (Before the app auto-updated, I could play for about 8+ hours.) The new app doesn't record my listening history, either; the channels I've listened to no longer display in the "Recents" menu. There is no error code; the app just exits back to the home screen. This has been going on for about 2 weeks now. 

To reproduce the issue, you just need to turn on Sirius XM to any of the regular channels/stations. (Any channel below #1000.) After 20-ish minutes, it should auto-exit to the home screen. Very frustrating. 

dstoppa
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Its a general problem, the tv doesnt matter. My tv is a Phillips and I have the roku express hooked up and Sirius cuts out after 10 minutes, before 15 minutes pass. I found if I go to the Classic Rewind continuous play it stays on....I tried the Classic Vinyl continuous play and after the 3rd song it kept playing the 3rd song over and over, have yet to try any others. But the channels with Sirius DJ's wont stay on at all. 

I had the ancient Roku and it worked fine with XM 🤷‍♀️

Is anyone working on this problem? I dont really need you to send me daily email complaints on this subject. What I need is the email saying we are working on it, or, its fixed!

Thanks!

DS

kidkrash
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuMary-F wrote:

Hi everyone,

Thank you for reporting this issue to Roku Community!

Please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

SiriusXM Version 2.5 build 28

3930x - Roku Express Software version 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

0 Kudos
Dodah52

Jump to solution

I’ve had the same thing happen with my sxm shutting off roku after 20 minutes. Frustrating. Who is to blame. Does anyone know if this is a permanent upgrade with roku

0 Kudos
charliebrown99
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My linked devices

ROKU EXPRESS all three are express  and all three affected.
YG001W092618
1/2/2020 bought
X00400815272
11/2/2020 bought
X004005FLTF3
6/18/2021 bought
0 Kudos
TestPattern51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Bye, Bye Roku!  I give up.  No help from SXM or Roku, all they had to do was re-issue the old software and the problem would have gone away............  I have a late model Kindle HD 8 which was not being used and easily added the free SXM app from Amazon.  It has been playing all night without interruption, and I can switch channels quickly.  The sound quality with the Kindle analog output to my stereo system seems to be about the same as with the Roku.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.