Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mandysib
Channel Surfer

Siriusxm videos not playing

Jump to solution

No videos are playing on my siriusxm app. I get a message saying "sorry, you need to upgrade to the platinum plan to access this content" Videos were working last week. And I HAVE THE SIRIUS PLATINUM PLAN!!!! I was able to access all videos in the past and I have double checked my current status with sirius!  I just chatted with roku "support" who had me restart the roku system but the videos are still not working. Roku says I have to resolve this with sirius, are they serious??? Very disappointed!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Siriusxm videos not playing

Jump to solution

Hi @mandysib,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the SiriusXM channel. We're happy to help.
We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact their support, as this issue may be specific to them and may require an update.

We hope this gets sorted out soon. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Roku has nothing to do with the SiriusXM app and the vast majority of other apps, so yes, you have to resolve it with SiriusXM.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mandysib,

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the SiriusXM channel. We're happy to help.
We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue persists, we highly suggest that you contact their support, as this issue may be specific to them and may require an update.

We hope this gets sorted out soon. Let us know if you have further inquiries.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mandysib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you. I did all the suggested troubleshooting, including talking with siriusxm who seem to think it's a roku issue.

0 Kudos
mandysib
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I logged on to the siriusxm app today and this problem is resolved. Not sure if it was something sirius or roku reset but i'm happy to be able to have the videos back  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.