Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
XmTx

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I’m so happy to read that I am not alone in dealing with this issue. It’s 20 minutes, just like you said. It’s frustrating that there isn’t a solution. 

0 Kudos
jtymecki
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Adding to the chorus of Sirius XM problems that appeared *after* they updated their app in May.  The service dumps out in approx. 20 minutes on all 4 Roku express units but runs for hours on the Roku 4K streaming stick.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: SiriusXM response received

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that we are aware of the issue affecting SiriusXM and the appropriate Roku team is still investigating it. As previously stated in this thread, we'll post an update immediately once we got one. 

Moreover, if you still haven't provided the following information, please reply here with your details:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Channel name and version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
jtymecki
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here are the details of unit with which I am having the problems:

>>Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version
Model:  3900X - Roku Express
Serial No:  YG00G4960960
Device ID:  C3393G960960
Software version: 11.0.0 build 4193-51

>>Channel name and version/build
SiriusXM
Version 25
Build 28

Thank you!!
Joe

0 Kudos
Gatorgirl
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Kariza, Your response has only added to my frustration with this issue. You say “Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate” which implies the issue has not even been escalated yet! This issue is SIMPLE to reproduce, just get a Roku Express and try to use the latest SiriusXM software release. It appears to me that someone did not do proper regression testing using the new SiriusXM build with the various Roku platforms. We, the customers, have no idea who failed to do that but we are paying for something we cannot use and are growing more and more frustrated with both companies. Plenty of folks have provided the information you are now requesting again. PLEASE take time to read the messages in this thread and forward the info to the appropriate team!!

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jtymecki

Thanks for the information.

I have added your details to the existing ticket open concerning SiriusXM. As stated earlier, our team is still investigating the issue. Once we got an update, we'll make sure to update this thread.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
EM48
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Totally agree; this is bul$&@sh&$t asking for serial numbers and model numbers over and over again; what ROKU is really saying is “we don’t care and we are not working on any remedies”

Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Mine does the same ! It was fine before the update now it shuts down after 20 minutes — annoying !!!

0 Kudos
Sylpetrilla
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Nope that’s not it ! This is the only app that does that!

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@EM48 wrote:

Totally agree; this is bul$&@sh&$t asking for serial numbers and model numbers over and over again; what ROKU is really saying is “we don’t care and we are not working on any remedies”

OR...

It means the information they have so far hasn't allowed them to find the reason some users are having an issue. The more information they get, the greater the likelihood they'll discover the cause of the problem. And until the cause is found, they can't fix it.

Those users with issues that are providing the information requested are actually helping.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.