Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjprimo1
Channel Surfer

Re: SiriusXM shuts off after 20 minutes

Jump to solution

I'm having same problem described here with two Roku Express model 3930X devices, v11.0.0 build 4193-AE. Eoku devices are attached to TV sets by HDMI cables. None of the work-arounds, suggested here have resolved my problem. Including the latest; logoff SiriusXM channel, remove channel from Roku device, power off and restart Roku device, add SiriusXM channel back to Roku device, login again with user account, play music.  During "add new channel" process, SiriusXm version 2.5b Build 28 is displayed. However, only version 2.5 build 28 is displayed after installation.

I've been running the SiriusXM app on two smart phones and two tablets. Which have different hardware and different Android OS versions. But all four devices run the SiriusXM app without problems. Presently, my only problem is with two Roku Express devices.

On 5-31-22, barleycharley posted here that he purchased a Walmart brand ONN (AndroidTV) streaming (stick) device for $14.99. Installed SiriusXM app from Google Play Store. And that solution worked great for him.

I thought this was a great idea. As this AndroidTV device runs the same SXM app I was using on phones and tablets. So I purchased a ONN 4K streaming device at Walmart for $19.88 and gave it a try. Yep, works great. (frankly, would've been shocked and dismayed if didn't). So, now I have SiriusXM working on FIVE different Android devices that use the SiriusXM app found at Google Play Store. BTW, current version of the SiriusXM app is 5.11.0 at the Google Play Store.

So, for me, this problem is only occurring on two Roku Express 3930X devices. 

0 Kudos
me3

Jump to solution

22 pages of complaints. You would think that support staff would yank their head out and give us a decent communication. If the technical staff is working on it fine, then let us know that. Posting canned responses which make it appear that the problem is being ignored isn't getting done. Repeatedly asking for model# etc. when its obvious that it's widespread indicated you should stop giving canned responses.  

Sccs
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Checked again this morning to see if this problem got worked out. I have two TCL tv’s with ROKU and a ROKU stick. Both tv’s have software version 11.0.0 and build # 4193-48 and both of them only played SiriusXM for 20 minutes today. I plugged in my ROKU stick with software version 11.0.0 and build 4193-50 and it has been playing now for over two hrs. I believe the problem is with ROKU and the build update needs to include TCL tv’s to build version “4193-50” and this may solve the problem. 

0 Kudos
Jeff18

Jump to solution

I'm having same problem. Sirius XM shuts off after 20 minutes. Called Sirius and they acknowledge that there is a problem but claim it is with Roku. Couldn't talk to anyone at Roku. Tried getting Sirius XM through Apple TV app and I

t works fine. Goes on for hours. Same graphics as through Roku so know it is using the new upgrade. The problem is with Roku.

0 Kudos
Jeff18

Jump to solution

Sirius XM works fine on Apple TV, my cell phone and car. Goes on for hours. And for Apple TV it is clearly the upgraded version. On Roku it shuts off after 20 minutes.

0 Kudos
jjetset
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Definitely, it is out of sync for sure.

After 25 years in the software industry I have to say that NUMBER 1 on the QA front should have been does it work for a NORMAL duration of listening time i.e. over 20 mins of listening time. Instead it was does it look pretty or not which is how it goes these days.

Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

YOUR RESPONSE INCLUDED THIS:

If you have this Power item, under Auto power savings, see if deactivating after 20 minutes of no interaction fixes the problem.

WHAT DO WE DO IF IT DOSE NOT HAVE THAT FEATURE?  

0 Kudos
Yiphte

Jump to solution

I also listen to Sirius XM all day on my TV!  Since I had to update and re-sign in a couple of weeks ago, its not working!  It continues to not work so Sirius needs to fix their bugs. 

0 Kudos
barleycharley
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This is getting ridiculous.  If they can't fix it or don't want to, they should just say so, instead of stringing us along.

0 Kudos
AMD22
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same here! Purchased a Roku Tv, Sirius was great for a week or two then it upgraded and now shuts off after about 20 minutes.... ROKU/Sirius - fix the problem please! 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.