Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Roku won't accept Sling password

Jump to solution

I'm trying to add Sling to my new Roku device but Roku won't accept my Sling password.  I've reset the Sling password numerous times and re-entered it on the Roku screen but always get the error message telling me my userid and/or password don't match.  So, I am not able to use my Sling account on Roku.  Has anyone else solved this mystery?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BipolarGirl48
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku won't accept Sling password

Jump to solution

Had same issue you have to change sling password not sure why but I changed mine and worked perfectly. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
33 REPLIES 33
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @olemiss74

Welcome to Roku Community.

We understand that you are experiencing difficulties logging in to the Sling TV channel. We will assist you in resolving this issue. As a troubleshooting step, you could try removing the channel, restarting your device, reinstalling the channel, and attempting to sign in again to see if this resolves the issue.

If the issue persists after trying the steps, the username and password associated with your subscription are managed directly with your channel provider. Please be advised that channel logins or authentication are handled directly by the channel developer. We suggest reaching out to Sling TV support to report the issue and for further help. They can resolve the error you are having with channel authentication. 

We aim to resolve this matter for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any other issues or inquiries. We are always here to assist you.

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I've never been able to add Sling to my Roku device to begin with so how could I delete it when it hasn't been added?

olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Sling has no customer service support so there is no one there to address this problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@olemiss74 

Thanks for your response. 

We apologize for the misunderstanding. To clarify, have you already activated your Roku device? Could you send us a photo/screenshot of the screen where you receive the error message? Are you able to add a different channel on your Roku device?

With more details, we will be able to identify the issue occurring. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

When trying to add Sling to my Roku device, the instructions tell me to use my Roku userid and password to sign into Sling in order to add it. However, I get an error message that my userid/password don't match. I'm instructed to go to Sling.com to reset my password. If I'm to use my Roku password, how can Sling reset it? These instructions make no sense. Do I use Roku or Sling userid/password to add the Sling channel to my Roku device?

olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Yes, I've activated my Roku device.  I have no other channel to add except for Sling as I don't subscribe to any other one.  How do I add a photo to this response?  I see no option to do so.  

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

0 Kudos
olemiss74
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Please clarify how to add the Sling channel to my Roku device which I've activated.  The Roku instructions tell me to use my Roku userid and password to add the Sling channel.  When I enter those, I get an error message telling me to go to sling.com/account to reset my password.  How can Sling reset my Roku password?  I also tried using my Sling userid/password but get the same error message.  I've reset my Sling password several times but to no avail.  These Roku instructions make no sense.  Please provide specific instructions on how to add Sling to my Roku device.  

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@olemiss74, it's not telling you to use your Roku email address, it's asking you if you if you want to.  Choose the other option.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos