Features, settings & updates

Get troubleshooting tips to configure your Roku settings. The community forum has tips for screen mirroring, Guest Mode, software updates, audio, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SevenRedP
Channel Surfer

Re: App Order keeps changing even though it is set to Manual

Jump to solution

When I went into my Roku last night, I got a message that said Roku had decided to change the order of my channels. ( Why? Because they could, I guess.) For example, Pluto, DirectTV, and Peacock were right next to each other at the bottom. Now they're scattered. And Prime was at the very front. Not anymore. I have having to scroll through my entire list to find anything. I read a post saying they do that for advertising purposes. That makes no sense.

They also said I could go into Settings and switch it back.

How? All I can see is how to manually move my channels around. I want it to go back to the way it was. And don't tell me I have to reset my unit. And I don't want to have to try and remember where my channels were so I can put them back.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@SevenRedP 

You can change this in Settings/Home Screen/App Order [Manual]

It will not automatically revert your channels/app back to their previous order but will allow you to manually arrange your tiles again. (highlight the channel, press the asterick * button, and then use the arrow keys to move the tile to the desired location.)

However, as noted in another thread, this manual setting may not stick and you may find your tiles moved again automatically.

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Automatic-Tile-reordering-keeps-resetting-to-Automati...

---

Congratulations.  You have been randomly selected to unwittingly participate in a Roku test feature. 🙄

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

thorfinn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the replies All.. didn't actually expect to get any😉

Unless it becomes even More annoying, now that I believe its a beta attempt, I'll let it ride for a bit.

FYI, the automated arrangement had the Roku Channel (which I rarely, if ever watch) in a top slot. It was the nefarious nature of this that sent me looking for a fix. Suggest a Weather-Eye-Out to all for the changes ahead

0 Kudos
bobojams

Jump to solution

This issue has been happening on our Sharp brand Roku tv as of today. It tells me on start up it has automatically rearranged my apps and I have to go into the menu to set it back to manual. It has happened three times in one day.

Merriem

Jump to solution

I have the same experience and am annoyed that Roku decided to randomly rearrange my streaming channels. If your objective was to anger your customer, congratulations on your success. Pissed off and considering switching to another service for my next streaming device. 

pw6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Dear Roku JechealR,

I already provided answers to your questions. Please take the time to read them.

Thank you.

Echo6d

Jump to solution

More… I set it to “manual” and it rearranged my apps back to how I had set them up. Then I shut it off and left for 3 hours. When I came back and turned on my Roku… They were automatically arranged again, and I had to go set it back to “manual“ again… This is the kind of annoyance that will cause me to stop using a service, if it continues  

lumpkinl

Jump to solution

I woke up this morning to all my TV's being rearranged also.  

I put all my apps back in place.

I then found in Settings/Home Screen/App Order, the option to change from Automatic to Manual

I changed 2 of them, but the Living Room TV was fine.....until I came back with my first cup of coffee.

It had been changed also, and Manual had been changed to Automatic!!!!   Once I changed to Manual it did revert all Apps to their original positions. And YES I did confirm that it was on Manual before getting my coffee.

So.... you can prevent your Apps from being moved....BUT Roku will override it on a whim!!!

I think if you notice it early before leaving the Home Screen you can Revert it to your preferred order.

THANK YOU ROKU, for inconveniencing your customers.  Nothing like being pissed off the first thing in the morning.

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @bobojams@pw6,

Thanks for the post in the Roku Community!

We apologize for the misunderstanding in the post above this thread, @pw6.

We understand you're having trouble with the app order, which keeps changing even if it was set to manual. We would be happy to look into this issue further, but we need more details.

Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (these can all be found in Settings System About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we can pass it along to the appropriate Roku team for further investigation.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Echo6d,

Thanks for taking your first post to the Roku Community!

We are aware of this, and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.

In the meantime, please provide us with the required details posted above so we can send them to the appropriate Roku team for additional information for the investigation.

Please keep us posted with the details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.