Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rob240
Channel Surfer

Roku channel won't play anything. The other channels are fine.

When I click on any of the Roku sitcoms the same screen appears again and again. I've tried resetting the device and factory reset with no luck.

0 Kudos
8 REPLIES 8
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel won't play anything. The other channels are fine.

Hi, @Rob240

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We're sorry to hear about the issue you've encountered with content on The Roku Channel not playing, and we'd like to sort this out. As a start, we would need the content titles that are not playing with specific information such as titles, episodes if there are any, etc. Also, when did you notice this issue occurred?

In the meantime, we recommend restarting your router/modem and using an alternative network such as a mobile hotspot to see if you notice any improvements.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rob240
Channel Surfer

k

0 Kudos
Rob240
Channel Surfer

Hi Kash,

None of the free episodes on the Roku channel will play so there are too many to mention. I've tried disconnecting the router and modem but nothing has worked. I'm attaching the troubleshooting message.

IMG_5468.jpg

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Rob240,

Thanks for the update and for sharing with us that details.

Try connecting your device to any alternative network like a mobile hotspot and then try again to see if that makes a difference.

If the problem continues please share the details below.

• ISP
  • whatismyip.com

Keep us posted!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rob240
Channel Surfer

Ok, it works with my phone hotspot. Why doesn't it work with my regular internet connection which is very strong?

Rob

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@Rob240,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We'd like to know if you're using a VPN to access your device. Due to content geolocation restrictions, VPNs may cause some content to have playback issues, or not playback at all.

Let us know!

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rob240
Channel Surfer

Hello. I'm currently not using a VPN.

Rob

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rob240,

Thanks for the response!

If your Roku device is connecting to your mobile hotspot, then it would appear that there isn't an issue with the Roku device but rather with your wireless network.

1. Have you ensured your router is broadcasting a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network for the device to connect to? The Roku devices are only compatible with wireless b/g/n networks on 2.4 GHz.
  2. Have you tried changing the wireless broadcast channel on the router to see if this will allow your device to connect?

Please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.