Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Musclehead
Reel Rookie

Can't remove Nostalgia USA channel.

Jump to solution

It's been on my Roku streem box since day one. There is no remove option in the * menu. I dont watch it and I'd want it out of the way.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't remove Nostalgia USA channel.

Jump to solution

@Musclehead 

Was this a new Roku device or a used Roku device?  Provide some more details like Roku model number, and OS build number.  All should be under Settings/System/About.

When you go to the Nostalgia USA channel/app and press the asterick (*) button, what are the options available to you? 

Can try removing via the official Roku Remote app.  Install on your phone/tablet.  Then perform a 'long press' on the channels screen and see if you are now presented an option to Remove.

(https://support.roku.com/article/217288467)

Can always try a Factory Reset (press and hold reset button for 30+ seconds) and see if that helps remove it.  Just make sure you have a working physical remote before performing a Factory Reset on a Roku device/RokuTV.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Musclehead 

Nostalgia USA Prime is a subscription channel.  Head over to https://www.roku.com/ and sign in to your online account dashboard.  Look under Subscriptions and "cancel" your subscription there.

Subscription channels/apps must first be cancelled before removing from the Roku devices.  Free channels/apps can simply be removed using the asterick (*) button on remote.

0 Kudos
Musclehead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, that 's good to know. However Nostalgia USA dosen't show up in my subscriptions list.

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar

Jump to solution

@Musclehead 

Was this a new Roku device or a used Roku device?  Provide some more details like Roku model number, and OS build number.  All should be under Settings/System/About.

When you go to the Nostalgia USA channel/app and press the asterick (*) button, what are the options available to you? 

Can try removing via the official Roku Remote app.  Install on your phone/tablet.  Then perform a 'long press' on the channels screen and see if you are now presented an option to Remove.

(https://support.roku.com/article/217288467)

Can always try a Factory Reset (press and hold reset button for 30+ seconds) and see if that helps remove it.  Just make sure you have a working physical remote before performing a Factory Reset on a Roku device/RokuTV.

Musclehead
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Installing the app on my phone and removing it from there worked!

Thank you!

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.