Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siet
Channel Surfer

Roku channel shows not playing

I'm experiencing similar issues with the Roku channel on Stick 4K. The issue started yesterday as I was transitioning from one episode to the next. The Roku channel lets you select the show (e.g the neighborhood) and when you click to watch any episode (e.g S1|E8), the screen goes dark, and brings you back to the same description page where you selected the episode. This only happens on the Roku channel. Have tried restarting the system, reinstalling the Roku channel, and no solution so far.

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

@Siet

Thanks for the post.

When selecting the episode, is this happening when the previous episode has finished, or are you selecting it from the episode menu? In addition, how are you powering the Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Siet
Channel Surfer

Originally, the issue occurred when the previous episode finished. However, since no show starts afterwards, the problem occurs every time when I select to watch a show from the show menu. The device is powered by the TV USB. The issue ID is 9A-022-464.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Siet

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the steps to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? In addition, can you provide a specific title that you see this issue occur with?

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried powering the Roku device through a wall outlet rather than the TV USB port?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Siet
Channel Surfer

I power-on my Roku device, then it comes on the "Home" screen, I then select the "Roku Channel". Then I navigate to "Continue Watching", and select the show "Rules of Engagement". Now, I'm in the description page of the show, then I select "Play S2 | E8, the screen goes black for a moment, then goes back to the same show description page.

This happens to all shows, except shows that are "Live".

I have also tried powering the device with a wall outlet, and it still is the same.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the update, @Siet,

I can see that you reinstall the channel and still see the issue occur. Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Siet
Channel Surfer

@RokuNimfa-C 

Yes, I have tried re-installing and it did not solve the situation. All Roku Channel shows (except some live broadcasts) still do not play.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Siet

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue you are reporting. In the meantime, can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to be looked at further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Siet
Channel Surfer

@RokuDanny-R 

Following are the requested details:

Model: 3820X- Streaming Stick 4K
Serial number: X01700H1149A
Device ID: S08Y4291149A
Software OS/version: 11.5.0 build 4312-CU

Issue occurs only on a specific channel: Roku Channel Version 8.0, build 72

Issue report tracker ID: 9A-043-544

Steps to reproduce the issue: on home screen select 'Roku Channel', navigate to any show (e.g. 'Rules of Engagement'), select show, select an episode to play (e.g. S2 | E8), the screen goes black for a second and brings me back to the same show description page where I selected to play the specific episode.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Siet,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll send this over to the Roku team for investigation. We'll get back to you once an update is available I'll be sure to let the Community know.

We appreciate your patience while we investigated this issue.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos