Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
problem-solver
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel changed audio to Spanish from english.

On the Roku Premiere it continues to have audio options including English, and on Windows 10 (different computer) in Google Chrome it continues to only have the 2 Espanol options. Currently on Reno 911! Defunded Episode 10

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi @problem-solver @Moonbaby2

Thanks for posting in the Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with audio being changed to Spanish. We are more than happy to look into the issue.

For us to better understand the issue, can you please provide clear instructions on how to reproduce the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue reproducible all the time or does it happen sporadically? When did you start seeing this issue occur?

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
George4993
Reel Rookie

Yes I'm having the same problems.  While watching the sci-fi network at different times of the day, one show or movie will be in English (my perfered language setting) and then the next movie or show will be in Spanish. There seems to be no fix in the setting for this. Also on if it doesn't go into Spanish mode. It will go into Voice narrator mode at different times of the day. This is driving me crazy. I have tried everything to stop this. Please help!!!

RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @George4993

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

We're here to help. May we ask when did you start seeing the issue? Are there any recent changes on your Roku device perhaps in the setup or settings that might cause the problem? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? Could you also tell us the specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos

Roku channel being viewed over a Roku device.

Viewing all episodes, they all alternate between English and Spanish.

So you watch one episode (ex: Ep 1) in English, then it plays the same episode (Ep 1) in Spanish. Then it will play Ep 2 in English, then Ep 2 in Spanish. And so on.

I know some of your developers are no doubt bilingual, but for those of us who aren't, such as myself that speaks English only, this viewing method isn't ideal.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BobViolence,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand the alternate language viewing issues you've experienced, and we certainly want to help you. We will need information for us to further look into this. Kindly provide the following:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel? (This can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Specific titles/episodes that this issue occurs on.
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing.

With more detailed information, we'll be able to assist you further.

Looking forward to your response! 

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
George4993
Reel Rookie

Is there a fix for this? For me it's the syfy and AMC channels. It switches over Spanish or voive overs. Help its driving me crazy.

George4993
Reel Rookie

This did not help. It was already set to English. And the show on the channel is still in spanish.

0 Kudos
George4993
Reel Rookie

For me the issue happens throughout the day everyday.  But only on the syfy and amc channels. If it's not in Spanish it will switch over to English voice over. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @George4993,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted!

We see that you're experiencing this kind of behavior, and we'd like to learn more about it.

Could you tell us a bit more about this? When did you start seeing the issue occur? What are the steps that led you to this behavior?

Is this a channel that can be accessed independently or only through The Roku Channel? In your efforts to find a solution to this issue, what kinds of troubleshooting actions have you tried so far?

Once we have a clearer grasp of the situation at hand, we will be in a position to provide some compelling recommendations to you.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator