Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

Roku Won't Authenticate Any of My U-Verse Channel Apps

Roku won't sign me in to any of my U-Verse channel apps. I can get NBC live, MSNBC live and Nat Geo live but no others. It just started today. I was already having a problem with Comedy Central where it would say video is not available. That was when I try live. Today, pretty much all are saying I'm not authorized or the channel isn't in my package, etc. I have done system updates and system restart and rebooted my wifi. I even tried guest mode. There is something happening between U-Verse and Roku.

19 REPLIES 19
BigSimNotLittle
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Won't Authenticate Any of My U-Verse Channel Apps

Same here! But now I’m getting errors on my IPhone. Really frustrating 

0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

My Dad told me he thinks U-Verse is blocking due to contract issues. I don't know if that's true. 

BigSimNotLittle
Channel Surfer

I was thinking that but I can pick up the channels through my UVerse receivers. I was playing with my other apps and I don’t have access to STARZ through the app. Paying way too much to not access these channels remotely. 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sunflower68 @BigSimNotLittle 

Welcome and thank you for posting here at the Roku Community!

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. No worries, we'd be more than willing to assist.

Please be advised that the U-Verse app is currently not available on the Roku platform. We suggest you contact the channel provider directly and let them know you'd like their channel to be available on the Roku platform.

You can contact them by either logging in at U-Verse TV Support or 1-800-288-2020.

If there's anything else we can be of assistance with, please don't hesitate to let us know.

All the best,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Seems unlikely that they would be misbehaving on different platforms due to a contract dispute.  Technical problems at U-Verse seems more likely when multiple client platforms are affected.

You might start here:

https://www.att.com/support/article/u-verse-tv/KM1050069

Although, when I clicked, the big “check it” button on that page, I got a “page not found” error.  Whoops!  More technical difficulties??

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

Yes, I get uverse on the tv. It's between Roku streaming and uverse. If that's it. I can get all of them on the uverse app.

0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

I don't need the uverse app. That's not the problem. The networks will not authorize any uverse channels. 

0 Kudos
BigSimNotLittle
Channel Surfer

Hi Carly,

I have been on the phone with ATT for over an hour and they authenticated and said that I had to contact each individual platform.

0 Kudos
Sunflower68
Binge Watcher

None of my paid for uverse channels will allow me access. I don't know what a different platform is. The common denominator is uverse. 

0 Kudos