Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clickity
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Streaming Stick Food Network Go Won’t Load

Let me add that these discovery GO apps are obviously sharing their profile, and when you delete one app it does not delete the shared profile.  In fact when you delete all the discovery GO family of apps it still does not clear out the shared profile cache.

0 Kudos
Zombyz1
Reel Rookie

It's not just the streaming stick, I have two streambars, a streambar pro, and a streaming stick and food network go does not work on any of them either. I started having issues with it not loading correctly and buffering constantly when trying to watch it after the last update on my streambars, dated 5/9/23. It recommended removing and reinstalling the app, did that and then it wouldn't load at all, and even though I only did it on one device, the app stopped loading on all of my ROKU devices. They make it sound like it is an error on the part of food network, but it all worked fine up until the last ROKU update. After that update its never worked again. It works fine on my Samsung devices, phone and tablet both play it with no issues. 

VHeidemann
Reel Rookie

Ever get a resolution? I just loaded it up first time tonight and it completely locks up my Roku premier

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @VHeidemann,

Greetings and a warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Are you having the same issue as others here in the thread with the Food Network Go not loading? If so, we recommend the troubleshooting steps provided by @RokuLianna above this thread. The provided troubleshooting steps are excellent solutions that resolves problems with channels not loading.

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Zombyz1
Reel Rookie

Nope, never got it to work on any of the devices until we bought a ROKU TV, works fine on that..But not on any of the soundbars. I have tried everything ROKU suggested and everything I could find online that was suggested by others and even reached out to direct tv, their advice was like a fart in the wind, nothing there. Got rid of direct tv and switched to YouTube tv, $70 a month cheaper, food network works and I still have HBO, showtime, and starz.

VHeidemann
Reel Rookie

That's what I was afraid of. Roku should be vetting new apps in the store before approving them,

Apimay2000
Reel Rookie

The troubleshooting solutions provided don’t work. I’ve also tried all of the troubleshooting suggesting and like many others, continue to have trouble accessing all of the Go apps and OWN. It simply freezes and in some instances reboots the entire Roku. Is there a status on a solution from Roku? 

RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for keeping the Roku Community posted and letting us know how things turn out.

We'll take a closer look into this, and for us to better understand, we'll need your help. Could you please provide us with the details below?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing?

This information will help the appropriate team look closely into this.

We'll look forward to your response. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Apimay2000
Reel Rookie

I have 5 Rokus in my home and not really up to providing this detail for each of them on a public platform. 

Can you elaborate on how having this information might help find resolution with the apps and if it’s worked for others that have provided this detail? 

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for posting your query here at the Roku Community, @Apimay2000!

Please be aware that our Engineering team has requested the information that moderators are asking for here. They must collect the needed details in order to further examine it and come up with the best resolution possible, as every Roku streaming device or TV's information is unique, and most importantly, not all users experience the same issue. We strive hard to reach your satisfaction and convenience; thus, we do our best to supply you with troubleshooting procedures as a workaround. If the issue still persists, that is when we ask for that information.  If we receive updates or more information has been provided to us from our Engineering team, we always make sure to update the thread or issue a public announcement.

We hope this clears everything up. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.