Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arlo1
Reel Rookie

Sling Blue App Installation on 4th TV

My household consists of just two people -- my wife and me.  We have the Netflix App installed on 5 TV/Roku combinations.  Our Netflix subscription allows only one stream at a time and provides an error message if we try a second stream. Sling Blue subscription allows simultaneous streaming on 3 devices (TV/Roku's in my case).  It says nothing about a max number if App installations.  We would also like the Sling App installed on 5 TV/Roku's, but when I Install the Sling App on Roku #4, it deletes the App from one of the first 3 installations.  There are only two of us so we could not possibly exceed the simultaneous stream limit of 3.  I get no error message, like I get from Netflix, I just get surprised by a missing Sling App on one of the first 3 installations.  So I reinstall and the App again disappears from a different Roku..  It's like playing Whack-A-Mole.

Anybody have the same experience or have any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Sling Blue App Installation on 4th TV

@Arlo1-

This is a policy decision made and managed by Sling.  You need to communicate with Sling on this issue

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Arlo1
Reel Rookie

Makalguy:

Thanks for your quick response.  I did first submit this to Sling and am still waiting for their response.

We operate 3 Roku Ultra and 3 Streaming Stick+.  I just became aware that when I add any steaming app to one of the Roku's, by the next morning it shows up on all of the Roku's -- sort of automatic cloning.  Normally this is not a problem, but might be with Sling.  Is there any way to turn off this automatic cloning of apps in my Roku's?

Thanks,

Arlo

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

I don’t have Sling myself, but I don’t recall hearing of a limitation like this before.  I couldn’t find it searching around the internet either.  (I can find pages about Sling limits on simultaneous streams, but not installations.)  Please let us know what Sling says.

If you want to have different app lineups on various Rokus, you’ll need more than one Roku account – which can get confusing – especially if you use Roku to pay for things.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos