Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DDavila743

Re: Roku Live Channels not working

Jump to solution

Hello Roku Team - I have the VERY SAME PROBLEM AS WELL!  And like the other users on this thread, I have reset my Roku, Re-Started it, reset my wifi and router, and the Roku LiveTV screens still all come up as black (meaning nothing comes up - just a black background).   My Roku account is up to date and so is my form of payment so I know there is no issue there.  Plus these are FREE channels - all of them are included in Roku LiveTV. 

Given the number of people that have the same issue, this cannot possibly be an individual Roku set problem and must be a SYSTEM-WIDE problem at Roku headquarters.  I strongly suggest you run some type of system-wide diagnostic or have someone check your streaming settings before you end up losing a lot of customers to Apple TV or Amazon.  And PLEASE, PLEASE do not respond to this with your standard, canned/robotic: "can you please provide more information before we can do anything at all" response!  Other users have already provided the EXACT SAME information and errors that we are ALL experiencing. 

Your prompt assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thank you! 

crayz4life

Jump to solution

Same issue here. Roku Live channels do not work on any of my 3 Roku TVs. Started about a week ago. Channel I was watching went black and have never come back. All my other streaming services work fine. Netflix, Pluto, Freevee, Tubi.

crayz4life

Jump to solution

Did a bit more troubleshooting. I set up my phone as a hotspot and connected my Roku to that network instead of my home wifi and the Roku channels work perfect. So then I took the ethernet cable from my internet providers modem and connected it directly to the ethernet port on my Roku and again the Live channels work perfect. So it is something in the wireless router. I have a Netgear Orbi. Going to check their support page now and try to get this issue sorted.

RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello! Community users,

Thank you for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We would be happy to look further into this issue, but we need more detailed information.

• Can you please send us a video of the issue you are experiencing?
  • Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
KarlosRaul
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Device Model : 3930MX - Roku Express

Serial Number : X004004T58JG

Device ID : S01132AT58JG

Software OS: 12.0.0 Compilation 4184-AE

Channel Issue : The Roku Channel , Tubi

Tracker ID : JG-289-446

Hello I'm here again , When I select "The Roku Channel" to see any live program it never plays it...doesn't matter which one I select it never plays anything

Also I have problem with Tubi aplication, if I select any movie or live tv it shows ERROR: RO-2-100-451

all started the day I bought it, I deleted applications, reset device to factory , even exchange device from another 2 times at shop but the same happen with any of them.

Please help

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@KarlosRaul,

"The Roku Channel is currently available in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom on Roku streaming devices, web, and mobile, and in Mexico on Roku streaming devices only."

https://support.roku.com/article/360007223934#!

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jkiser
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went through all the reboot, remove, re-install steps. My local provider put a static IP address in  my router. That solved the  problem. (ROKU Live TV had been working fine without the fix on the  same setup for  months.)

0 Kudos
johniem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Same with all my Hisense. Exact same issue 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @johniem,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We see that you're also experiencing the same issue. We'd like to learn more about this so that we can help get you up and running.

To better understand, could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

Let us know more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johniem
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution
Just on the help line for Roku and two of there techs has explained that they know Roku has an issue at the present time. Ran thru all the tech boot, reset, and trouble shooting procedures. And to no avail. Couldn't resolve the issues. They will advise at a later time 
Show quoted text

Screenshot_20230724-182657.png