Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coylum
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

Jump to solution

Done that a few times, also a factory reboot and sign in.

Nothing works!

I will call in at Best Buy when I get back to Canada and ask for cash back or replacement. Its really annoying that I can't speak to anyone.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

Jump to solution

Hi @coylum,

We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you took to sort out this concern. May we know if the issue happens with the channels under "The Roku Channel" app? Can you specify if it's the live TV under the Roku Channel that is not working or the on-demand shows under the same streaming app? A clip of the issue would also help us provide an accurate resolution.

Your response is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mama33

Re: Roku Live Channels not working

Jump to solution

https://photos.app.goo.gl/VugjBUESeYgjMTf87 

This is what happens when I try to play some Roku Live TV channels.

Please help me fix it!!!

Thank you,

Connie.

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Live Channels not working

Jump to solution

Thank you for this clip, @Mama33.

May we know if the same shows worked before, and when did you start having this issue? Have you made any changes to the device's location? This may affect live TV frequencies. Additionally, have you tried the following?

• Reboot your router or modem.
  • Restart the Roku device through Settings > System > Power (skip if option unavailable) > System Restart.
  • Have you tried connecting the device to an alternative network (e.g., a mobile hotspot) just to check if there will be a difference?

Please keep us posted so we can work on this issue together.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.