Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cats56
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Live Channels not working solution

Jump to solution

Go into manage channels in ur account 

uncheck the camera and doorbell options if the are checked

IT FIXED MINE 

yea

0 Kudos
Jess3413
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Live Channels not working solution

Jump to solution

Set internet up to hot spot on my phone and watch TV for a bit. Next day when I connected to home wifi it works. Fingers crossed it stays that way

0 Kudos
Terr
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku channel shows not playing

Jump to solution

l have sent ROKU everything that they have asked for, every number and followed all the instructions that were given to no avail. I have noticed that the problem occured sometime after Feb 2023. I moved from Mineral Wells in Texas to Abaline. After hooking everything up it did a system update and then the issue occured, ROKU Live TV guide would be there but no sound or picture. I bought a new unit a few months later after trrying all of ROKU's sugges. theretions at a fix. Nothing worked. New unit also does not work after it did a " system update". Do I need to take it back to Mineral Wells and see if it works there??? Please address this issue. There appears to be thousands of people with the same problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Terr,

Thank you for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!
We'd like to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Roku Live TV. Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
msmb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have a problem with the Roku channel app on my smart TV. Just the Roku channel. All the other apps such as Netflix, Hulu, etc. are working fine. I tried fixing the problem. I restarted the Roku channel app, I checked the connection, I turned my Roku device off and on, I did a software update, and I even did a factory reset. But I think there’s something wrong with the Roku channel app. Maybe the Roku channel app is corrupted and needs a new update to fix the problem. It was working before and I was able to watch the free content. But now when I click on the play button for any content on the Roku channel, it just makes a beep sound and nothing happens. I’m referring to the little box on the lower left of the screen that says “available free” above it and the box has Roku channel, play button, and “watch…now” inside the box. I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @msmb,

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for sharing your problem with us, and we greatly appreciate the troubleshooting that you have taken. To better understand, could you tell us when you started seeing the issue occur? What Roku device are you using right now? (e.g., Roku Express, Roku Streambar, Roku TV—specify TV). In addition, where is your exact location right now?

With more details, we will be able to best assist you.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
msmb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Chel,

I started seeing this problem about a week ago after I updated the software on my Roku. I was trying to watch the live show on the Roku channel app, but it wasn't responding no matter how many times I clicked on the play button on the screen. The Roku device I'm using is the Roku streaming stick+. I am located on Guam, a U.S. territory. I have been using this streaming stick for a couple of years or more, so I was surprised why it's not working like before. Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @msmb,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem streaming the Roku Channel. Kindly check out this support article on how to resolve the playback issue. Please ensure that all steps are followed, such as removing the channel, restarting the system, re-adding the channel, and updating the channel.

If the issue persists after those steps, please send us a photo of the running issue as a reference.

We hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johniem
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku Live Channels not working

Jump to solution

So now at EXACTLY 10pm est to 12 am no fxnow live. Computer and or cell streaming is only possible. After 12:01am BAM comes on. Also during that time randomly shuts down if I have already started movies and or TV before the 10pm "dead line". Bill Gates dos 2.5 was never this finicky. 😂

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku Live Channels not working

Jump to solution

Thanks for sharing the experience you've had with the issue, @johniem.

May we know what troubleshooting steps from the previous moderators you have taken so far? Also, was this live channel under the Roku Live Channels or from another streaming channel? Which one of your Roku devices has this issue? Lastly, have you made any recent changes to the device location? Please be aware that live channels may vary depending on the location and availability of the live channel.

Please keep us posted; we'd like to provide as accurate a resolution as possible.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.