Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avedail
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel will not load

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

Many people have posted about having this same problem and it has been going on for weeks and, for some people, months. Many of us (including me) have sent you the information you've asked for, I've sent some additional information that was requested, and I've tried all the remedies that I have round both here and in your support documents. But NOTHING has changed and based on what I'm reading, no one has heard back from Roku even after forwarding the information to you - in my case that was weeks ago but not a word from Roku. So if you haven't been able to resolve our issues after we've sent you the requested info, why do you keep asking for it? 

How about giving us an update? If your people can't fix this, then get somebody that can. All the other viewing apps are working so it clearly is not an unattainable goal nor is it new technology. If you can't fix the problem then you should be issuing some refunds. What do we have to do to get this resolved? Do we need to contact the agencies that oversee your industry? Should we call our local news  troubleshooters? Do you even care, Roku? You certainly don't seem to!

0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

@Gayewithane 

What did you do to fix the problem? Nothing any of us have tried has worked. Please share what you did so the rest of us can try it. 

Thank you! 

0 Kudos
Mrt1

Jump to solution

I have exactly same problem. It seems as though anything selected for viewing triggers messages "expired" or "no longer available" - what to do? I notice you receive a response rom Roku Support. Did the suggested procedure help you? It seems that it might not since it is not a channel issue, rather  all movies?! .... Mrt

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@MarkRichards wrote:

Is it possible Roku servers are blocking some ISPs such as Bell Fibe?

It is more likely that Bell is blocking access to some Roku servers.  Have you checked with them?

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Mrt1

Jump to solution

How about some help from Roku to make the service functional? - Mrt1

0 Kudos

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution
  1. What Roku model device are you using? Model 4800X Roku Ultra
  2. Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or all channels on your Roku device? Only on Roku channel when playing specific episodes/shows/movies, but Roku live TV still works ok
  3. What specific troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?  I have removed Roku channel, system restarted and re-added the channel. Everything is updated.
  4. What are you seeing on screen? When I select a show to watch, it looks like it is trying to load, and then just goes back to the episodes screen. No shows or movies will play on the Roku channel unless its on Roku Live TV.
0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That is the problem I'm having. It just keeps going back to the episode screen. I have not had anything indicating expired or unavailable. It comes up as if everything is normal but won't load. And it is not an issue with my server. Roku channels worked fine for a couple of weeks then this problem started that has now gone on for almost two months. There have been no changes with my server or connection. And with the number of people having the problem, we can't all have the same server, or even the same few servers. None of the resets or fixes suggested have made a difference. And I sent the info requested by Roku long ago but that has been ignored. The problem keeps pointing back to Roku but no help from them so far. Isn't it about time, Roku??? 

0 Kudos
ms77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s just a wild suggestion, but I think that in recent months Roku had enabled a policy for cutting users, that have differences in region of user registration and region of device usage. See this:

https://community.roku.com/t5/Channels-viewing/Roku-Channel-will-not-play-videos-in-Mexico/td-p/8506...

So, in theory, if someone had used own or company vpn, while creating Roku account, and then on started streaming directly(without a vpn) - it is probably detected at Roku backend as a region discrepancy and the device is blocked for certain requests…

Just a suggestion here, in the lack of clear reasoning from Roku side.. 🙂

I gave up anyway. Using it just for YT, Netflix, AppleTV/Music, Radio and AirPlay streams from phone/ipad

0 Kudos
avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That doesn't explain the problem I've having - and I suspect many more people. Since I have signed up with Roku I have not changed my location, device, ISP, server, modem - nothing. It has all been the same since the first day I signed up. It just suddenly stopped playing Roku. 

If Roku had an answer you'd think they would have posted it here by now - or at least provided a progress report. It's obvious this is a wide-reaching problem. So they obviously don't know how to fix the problem and won't hire anyone who does or they simply don't care. Or BOTH!

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts.

Can you please provide a specific title of content that you are experiencing this issue with?

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos