Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkRichards
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Literally every title fails to play.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MarkRichards

Thank you for the inquiry

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Do you encounter any error messages? Are all the other streaming channels operating normally? How long has the issue existed and what troubleshooting done to resolve the issue?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you better.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MarkRichards
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a roku stick and the roku Android app on my Pixel 7. Neither works for playing anything from the Roku channel. Everything else plays fine. On the TV there is no error message; the video just doesn't play and the screen flashes then returns to the show/movie screen where you can see details about it, add to a list, etc.

On the mobile app there is a generic error message.

I've uninstalled and re-installed both roku apps from both devices, etc. I even tried creating a new roku user account but that didn't help.

It really seems like my ISP is being blocked or something.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @MarkRichards

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Firstly, do you receive an error code or message whenever you try to stream content? If you experience playback issues across multiple streaming channels, it may be due to a slow network caused by a poor wireless signal, issues with your router, or the quality of your internet service. Review the tips for improving the wireless connection to your Roku device. We suggest you restart your router and Roku device and see if it helps.

To restart your router properly, you may need to review instructions from your internet service provider (ISP) or router manufacturer, or you can simply unplug your router and plug it back in. And restart your device from the Setting menu by navigating to Settings>System> System restart.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
MarkRichards
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Er, the problem isn't missing Channels, Themes, or Screensavers. The problem is that on my Roku device, or in the Roku app, when I visit the Roku Channel, to try to play literally any content available from Roku, such as the Weird Al move which was produced by Roku, I cannot play the Roku content.

What I can play is literally every other video on every other channel, such as Netflix, Prime, Youtube, those weird free channels I've never heard of before, etc. Only the Roku channel doesn't work on my Roku stick or Roku app. This has been a problem for months now and nobody seems to have any idea how to fix it or troubleshoot it.

avedail
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R @RokuLianna 

It's pretty weird that you'd ask these questions if you've been reading these comments over the last many weeks. There are sooo many posts that say the same thing - that nothing in the Roku channels plays but there is no problem with any other channels. That hasn't changed. We've all provided you with the information on our equipment and the other information you've requested about "symptoms." 

So when is this issue going to be kicked up to a department that can do something about it? We have all been far more than patient. I have never had a technology problem that dragged out nearly this long. Since all other channels are working but Roku, it doesn't seem to be rocket science - everyone else seems to be able to keep their programming up and running. Will it help any if we all get in touch with our local news troubleshooters and get Roku the bad publicity you seem to be asking for? 

I'm sure everyone would appreciate it if you'd stop asking us the same questions over and over, promising that the info will help you find a fix, and just find the fix. Please let us know when we can expect some anwers and some decent customer service. 

njt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I can't believe how lame this community moderator is.  We all have the same problem and you just keep asking the same question.  FIX IT NOW.  Fortunately I can get everything on the ROKU channel elsewhere so I will just set up my TV apps to point directly instead of going through my ROKU.  I can just throw my ROKU away.  Fortunately I was not taken in by the ROKU TVs.  I have and LG and Samsung.  Can do all I need with those and without the ROKU which was a nice convenience, but has become a pain in the rear now.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts and your patience while we investigated the issue you are experiencing.

In order for us to better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with the following information:

• where did you purchase you Roku device
  • where did you activate your Roku device
  • where are you currently located

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
njt
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

bought it from Costco years ago.  it is the 4K unit/box.  It streams fine for all channels except ROKU as your previous posters have posted.  I am retired and so all over the states.  I activated it while living in the state of Washington.  Now in Arizona.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @njt

Thanks for your post.

Please provide us with the following information for further research:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have the information needed, we'll be able to forward it to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.