Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel crashing to Roku Home screen

Jump to solution

Hi @Rodunn60,

Thanks for the update.

We're glad it's working now. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
pbhtx57

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as the original poster and have performed the same troubleshooting steps with the same result.......nothing will play on the Roku Channel on my Roku TV.  All other channels are working correctly and playing live TV, on demand movies and shows, videos, etc.  

On the Roku Channel app, when I click on "play" for any selection, it immediately shows "loading" then flickers back to the selection screen but never starts playing at all.

pbhtx57

Jump to solution

ADDENDUM:  I live 50 yds from my mother.  The problem described is occurring on my mother's Roku TV, while mine is working flawlessly.  I can't see any discernible difference between the two TVs, the internet connection/speed, etc.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@pbhtx57

Thanks for the post.

For the Roku TV that you are experiencing the issue on The Roku Channel, an you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 

Once we have this information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LRBloom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Having the same issue. 

I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring? 
Had been anxiously awaiting Weird on The Roku Channel. Tried it tonight and the issue occurred immediately. Then tried selecting programs on the channel at random, same results. Have not been able to successfully watch anything on The Roku Channel.

2. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device? 
No.

3. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
Yes. It makes no difference.

4. What Roku model device are you using?
TCL 55S405, software version 11.5.0, build 4235-30

5. What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
Select The Roku Channel from the main menu, press OK, select ANY program/movie on The Roku Channel menu, press OK, select Play, press OK. Immediately returns to The Roku Channel main menu.

Melewen

Jump to solution

Same exact scenario as @LRBloom --Everything else works fine, but nothing plays on the Roku Channel

Issue ID 13-443-266

Roku 3 4200X / version 11.5.0 / build 4235-04

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@LRBloom

Thanks for the post.

We would be more than happy to investigate the issue further from you, but will need more detailed information.

• tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • GC build (this can be found by scrolling up within The Roku Channel and selecting About)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LRBloom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Timestamp: 2022-11-05 0ST04:02

Issue ID: 98-443-762

GC build 8.2.38

0 Kudos
ragaltron
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue: no content on the Roku channel plays. When I press play, the screen immediately refreshes and no matter how many times I press play it just refreshes the same screen.

Model: 3600x - Roku Stick

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-24

Issue ID: 79-444-846

GC build: 8.2.38

0 Kudos
AB90
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having the exact same issues as this user. Roku Channel was working fine earlier but now it won't play anything. I am experiencing this on every tv in my house. 

here is the information from my living room tv 

• TCL Model: 65S421
  • serial number: X00000PU8NAU
  • device id: S033D9AU8NAU
  • software version: 11.5.0 build 4235-93
  • issue id: AU-445-109
0 Kudos