Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyross
Roku Guru

Re: REMOVE "CONTINUE WATCHING" FROM MY HOMESCREEN!

Roku giveth and then taketh away.

Noticed you can now remove Continue Watching from the home screen, although it took a few tries to stick.

Sadly, they have added TWO new unremovable rows. One for Categories (Movies, Sports, New & Popular). The second for Browse (All Things Food, All Things Home, Sports).

0 Kudos

@Kây wrote:

I have been using ROKU for 10 years now and I've been very happy but this new feature really annoys my life. I spent a considerable amount of time arranging my home screen to my liking and you people come here to spam it up with this feature that I did not ask for, request or want. I should easily be able to go into settings to remove it. It's annoying and violates the privacy of my family members because everyone can see what they have been watching. My kids can go into it and click on shows that are not appropriate for them and so on. It's getting to the point where ill just trash my ROKU devices and also expert on Easy Pure Living saying this and just use Apple or Amazon to stream my steamtables. I have OCD and anxiety and this thing triggers me.

Just make an option for people to remove/hide it from home screen. 

My Roku is holding me hostage with its "Continue Watching" feature! Every time it pops up, my internet disconnects, and then I can't reconnect at all. This has been going on for THREE DAYS now. I've checked everything, rebooted everything, but Roku just keeps saying it "can't find device." It's beyond infuriating!

I've been a loyal Roku user for YEARS, but this is pushing me to the brink. I'm seriously considering switching just to be free from this intrusive "Continue Watching" nonsense. I can't even enjoy my shows without worrying about the internet dropping and getting locked out of my own device.

This is ridiculous. Fix it, Roku, or I'm walking. I'm tired of troubleshooting and being held captive by a buggy feature. It's pointless at this point.

0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

OMG they finally let you remove it!!!

Set "recommendation rows" to "hide" and it removes all the garbage rows like continue watching!

My device is on version 12.5.0 build 4178-CU

0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

Darn on my other device, continue watching is removed but "live TV" is now displayed even with it turned off in the menu. 

That device is on version 12.5.0 build 4178-55

0 Kudos
andyross
Roku Guru

Highlight the Live TV tile, hit the asterisk button, choose Remove, confirm the Remove.

0 Kudos
Paleogirl2003
Streaming Star

@andyross that worked apparently it was a new channel they added, which I guess is different than hiding live TV from the settings menu 🤷‍♀️

0 Kudos