Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Prime won't play any more.

Jump to solution

Hi @btgcarter,

Thank you for the precise details you have shared regarding this issue with the Prime channel.

We would suggest restarting your router or connecting the device to a mobile hotspot just to check if there will be a difference in streaming. If the issue is persistent only to this specific channel, we would highly suggest that you contact the channel provider directly here and inquire further.

We hope this helps. You can keep us informed of your findings.

All the best,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

It won't let you re add it, either. This is ridiculous.

Jump to solution

Prime on my Roku works fine then it starts temporarily freezing so bad it it is hard to watch.  I did not have this problem until after they started pushing commercials.  I have restarted 100s of times, I have uninstalled and reinstalled several time, updated software, and everything else I could find to try.  I also have a few other streaming channels that do not have this problem.  I also have an Amazon fire on another tv and it does not have this problem.  What is going on?

0 Kudos
MarioC

Jump to solution

This solution still did not work for me.  Prime launches, but I always get the something went wrong Message when trying to watch a video.  It’s happening on two different Rokus.  It works fine on other platforms.  I’ve restarted the modem,  the router, the Roku, removed/reloaded app - every suggestion I’ve found.  Still won’t play.  

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution
Hi Community users!

Thank you for reporting this issue to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream the Prime channel. We're happy to assist. We would recommend the basic troubleshooting sequence below:

1. Remove the channel: navigate to your Home screen, move to the right, highlight the app, press Star*, then select Remove channel
  2. Perform a system reboot: navigate to your Home, select Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart
  3. Re-install the channel: navigate to your Home, scroll and select Store, look for the app, then press Add channel
If the issue is persistent, kindly provide us with the following details:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).

Kindly keep us posted.

All the best,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jmahun
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have three Roku devices. Until this last weekend Prime played fine on all three. Now one of them only allows me to access it as a nonsubscriber, the other two work fine. The wayward one doesn't give the opportunity to log in to my account.

I've reset the Roku device and that did not help. I'm hesitant to remove and reinstall the Prime channel on my Roku because it might screw it up on the other two Rokus instead.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.