Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bustergordon
Reel Rookie

Re: Prime won't play any more.

I am also having this problem. All other channels work fine. Is the only solution to dump the Roku?

0 Kudos
GregT1
Channel Surfer

That's what I found -- I was on the line with Prime's tech services and they walked me through all the possible cures and nothing worked. They suggested I contact Roku's tech people, but of course Roku only has the community to consult, so no use. And Amazon's Firestick which only cost me $35 was an easy, cheap solution -- the Firestick is still working great!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bustergordon,

Thanks for letting us know.

Kindly try to perform the correct sequence to reboot this channel by removing the channel, restarting the device, and adding the channel. You can also try to check for the channel's update by clicking the star button on your remote.

Please let us know if this fixes the issue.

Regards,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bustergordon
Reel Rookie

I have done this twice and it did not work.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bustergordon,

Thank you for keeping us posted!
We'd love to take a closer look into this issue that you're having with the Amazon Prime video channel. Are you getting any error codes or messages? Could you send us a photo or video of your running problem?

With detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bustergordon
Reel Rookie

No error code. I just get a black screen and a circle spinning. It’s not my network, because all other apps work just fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Bustergordon,

Thank you for the reply!
After attempting the troubleshooting steps, videos from other channels play fine. In that case, we suggest contacting the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. The channel developers themselves maintain channels on Roku. In this case, an issue within that specific channel likely needs to be addressed with an update from them.

If you need anything else, please let us know.

Kind regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BonnieLea

So what do we do when Amazon says "it is a Roku problem" and Roku says "it is an Amazon problem" and nobody offers any suggestions for fixes that I haven't already tried?

RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BonnieLea,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Does the issue only occur on Amazon Prime Video or across other channels installed on your Roku device? When did you start seeing this?

In addition, have you tried to remove the affected channel and then re-install it? If you haven't tried yet, to ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Christa1

Thank you so much! I tried your steps & they worked perfectly!

0 Kudos