Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
upset1235
Streaming Star

Re: Process to force all apps fullscreen (no "zooming") in Composite output mode (3710, 39

@StreamerUser Thank you so much for this! I will try this as soon as I get a chance.

@dbrear Please let us know if it works for you, I will do the same.

Just wondering though, the Prime rep that I spoke to yesterday told me that uninstalling the app and reinstalling it would fix the issue. I haven't tried this yet but I was wondering if anyone knows if this does work. Just curious.

0 Kudos
dbrear
Channel Surfer

Re: Process to force all apps fullscreen (no "zooming") in Composite output mode (3710, 39

@StreamerUser:  Thanks again, it definitely worked!

@upset1235:  I uninstalled/re-installed app three times.  It did not work.  I should also add that if customer service ever asks you to do a factory reset, don't.  There was a bug which, last I heard, hadn't been fixed on our model 3910 which caused it to enter a re-boot loop on a factory reset, essentially brick-ing the device.  If I'm prompted to do a factory re-set, I just lie and say I did.  By that point in the customer service troubleshooting list, I'm relatively confident that the problem needs to be elevated anyway.

0 Kudos
upset1235
Streaming Star

Thanks @dbrear, I had a feeling that deleting and reinstalling would not fix it. Thanks so much for the warning on the factory reset. I will make sure never to do that. However, not sure it what did it or if it will last, but i opened the Prime app today and the issue was fixed! I never had to do anything. However, I really do appreciate the detailed post on the fix @StreamerUser, I will definitely keep the info for the next time it happens. (Which I'm sure it will)

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When removing/reinstalling a channel, be sure you restart** your Roku to clear its memory cache BEFORE reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.

Depending on your Roku model you'll find the "System restart" option under either "Settings > System > Power" or if you don't have the Power option, under "Settings > System". If you don't have sufficient control to use the menus, or if it is just more convenient, you can also restart by pulling the power plug for a short while, then plugging it back in.

**On a Roku TV with "Fast TV Start" enabled, turning the TV off/on only puts you in/out of a low power standby state, it does NOT give you a complete restart. Use the methods above.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
dbrear
Channel Surfer

@makaiguy:  Excellent point.  I did, in fact, restart after each re-install.

@StreamerUser: One thing to note about the fix, at least for me, was that the actual video displayed by a channel/app on my 4:3 television was distorted, i.e. aspect ratio was not preserved.  Reverting to 4:3 in display solved the issue, but as @upset1235 pointed out, the issue was likely fixed by Amazon.

0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

"however, some content may feel/be more narrow vertically - this is due to the aspect ratio (16:9) & analog conversion process"

Doesn't sound like much of a solution if by fixing the menus it distorts the videos. You need a 4:3 setting to see video properly on a 4:3 TV.

upset1235
Streaming Star

I have a feeling that the reason that the issue was fixed so quickly this time was because at least two of us contacted Prime Video support and asked them to submit a support ticket on it. Also the fact that this is a known issue to them. So, if it happens again (which it likely will) we should not be shy about contacting them and asking them to submit a support ticket. It will likely get fixed much faster. The more people who let them know the more likely it will get attention. 

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hello Community Users!

Thank you for letting us know that the issue has been resolved. We just wanted to reach out and remind you that if you are still experiencing any trouble or feel that the problem has not been entirely resolved, please don't hesitate to let us know. Alternatively, you can contact the channel provider directly for further assistance. And don't forget, you can always get help at Roku Support whenever needed.

Thanks,
Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.