Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karenlorraine39
Reel Rookie

Previews Commercials Episodes

I'm trying to figure out why are the commercials in between shows are extremely loud?? But the volume on the shows aren't!! 

4 REPLIES 4
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Previews Commercials Episodes

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community@Karenlorraine39!

Firstly, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your streaming. No worries! We'd be more than willing to investigate this matter and find you the best resolution possible. 

Before proceeding, we'd like to gather further information about this so we can assess your concern better and provide you with an accurate resolution. With this being said, kindly let us know the following:

• What specific channel have you observed this happening? 
  • When did this initially start?
  • Is this happening sporadically?

We'll be anticipating your response as we are more than eager to determine the cause as your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Karenlorraine39
Reel Rookie

I've noticed this on every channel the Roku the Hulu etc... I Could be watching a Movie "OR" a Series during the commercials it gets extremely loud! Living in apartment it can be very disrupting to the other tenants! If I have to leave the room for a moment. I have to rush back into the room to grab the remote to push Mute! It's like you have to turn the volume up on the Movie "OR" Shows... But it blares really loud through the Commercials the Previews! I was told this was done purposely over these places using this as an advantage to making a sell! But that would cause me to say Nope with it seeming like a demanding way & I was told it being annoying costing more to having these Commercials & Previews removed!! This being being all about Money! I'm not sure rather this is the Case @ all! All I know if living in certain places it can be very difficult to staying on good terms with your neighbors!

RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We appreciate your response, @Karenlorraine39.

Our team is currently aware of the issue, and we'd like to include your device in the ongoing investigation. Kindly provide us with the following data:

• Roku device or TV model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button five times, followed by the Back button five times, and provide us with this ID).
  • The Roku Channel build version (Highlight the channel and click on the star button (*) on your remote).
Once a few more pieces of information have been gathered, we will be able to pass them along to the appropriate support team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Sincerely,
Janadee
Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
oakhillfarm
Reel Rookie

The loud commercials have been going on for several weeks now, as you are aware! I WILL NOT be watching any programming on Roku until it is fixed!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.