Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Natrluvr7

Just got Roku box and channels are playing the same episode of many shows over and over and over.

Can anyone at Roku please tell me the point of showing the same exact episode on many channels of many different shows day after day? I like the older shows such as Little House on the Prairie, Bonanza, etc. I have seen several different episodes 4-5 times in the past 3 weeks!  Dateline,48 Hours How it's made and others I have noticed scrolling through also do this same thing. What is the point of buying a Roku device when I could just pop in a d v d and play the episodes one at a time? Very frustrating that nothing is worth the money these days. 😞

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Just got Roku box and channels are playing the same episode of many shows over and over and over

We appreciate you reaching us here in the Roku Community, @Natrluvr7!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Rest assured that we will look closely into this matter to determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible.

Just to clarify, which specific app did you experience this on? Since you just purchased your Roku streaming player, please be aware that there are also other independent apps available on the Roku streaming platform, which are also free.

You may check all of the available apps, free movies, and TV shows directly on your Home screen:

• Press Home on your remote
  • Scroll up or down to select Featured Free or Streaming Store

We hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.