Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra?

Jump to solution

Change in display type mentioned in prior post seems to have reduced if not stopped postage stamp issue.

Suspect the change has also negatively impacted clarity of picture on occasion (buffering?).

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

So eliminating HDR 10+ while using that app is the answer for now I guess, I will try it thanks.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

I am assuming the upcoming update will fix the postage stamp picture problem but since I cannot get Paramount plus in 4K HDR after I did a factory reset I can’t live with the unit so I went out and bought an Apple TV 4K and it is a rather amazing device, but I would have preferred to just stick with Roku.  

0 Kudos
Lucyfan77
Channel Surfer

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra? April 24th

Jump to solution

FIX THIS ROKU!!!!   Tired of it

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra? April 24th

Jump to solution

Mine working good now, not sure if the 12.0 update is the reason why, maybe you should do a factory reset or at least power down and backup to have the update happen.   

0 Kudos
Rt15

Jump to solution

Just started happening with Amazon Prime for me. Have to restart the Roku 4 everytime I want to watch something. Then as soon as the box goes to sleep the problem comes back. Have had lots of issues with Prime before but this is new and really annoying. Bought a Roku instead of Chromecast. Starting to rethink my choice for my other 2 TVs 

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This started happening to me on Amazon Prime on a Roku Express 4K+ (3941) starting a few days ago.  I could never quickly reproduce it, though it was always in that state the first time after sitting for awhile.  So, I suspected the sleep mode as well and have turned it off as a test.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello Community Users, 

Thanks for reporting the issue you are seeing with your Roku device. 

Please be advised that we are currently aware of the issue. If you have not provided your details yet, kindly sent them to us to help our support team to investigate the issue further. 

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • screenshot of the issue on screen

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
bp55
Reel Rookie

Re: playing only in the top left corner!

Jump to solution

My Roku Ultra is doing the same thing. It has been doing it for about 3 weeks now. 

I have not changed remotes so I don't think it is related to the remote at all.

I have a TCL Roku TV and I do not have that problem at all. So it seems to be the Roku Ultra that causes thei postage stamp picture.

0 Kudos
Drwhitacre

Re: [Prime Video] Picture minimized in upper left corner

Jump to solution

I have changed absolutely nothing and one day when I tried to play a Prime show I had paused it played only in the tiny window. The subtitles are at bottom center of the screen like normal.  All other channels normal too and the home screen for Prime is normal too. I select my show and play and only then do I know it's going to be tiny screen. If I leave Prime, open any other channel then come back the Prime screen is normal again. 

0 Kudos