Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suelee000
Reel Rookie

AcornTV app not refreshing new content

I'm trying to watch Brokenwood Series 9, episode 5 on my TCL Roku TV (wired connection). Episode 5 is listed on the carousel at the top, but when I click on it, I'm taken to Series 9, Episode 1. There are only 4 episodes listed. But I know that 5 dropped yesterday. I've tried updating the app; removing the app; updating the system software; restarting the system, rebooting both wifi and the cable modem; erasing the recently watched and then fast forwarding through episode 4 to see if 5 would kick off and it didn't. Nothing works. It doesn't work on the Roku stick that I have on the spare room TV. I tried most of this last week when I had a problem with episode 4, but I finally got it to work after restarting the TV.

I can get to episode 5 from the AcornTVwebsite, from my android tablet and from Amazon Prime. I watched 40 seconds on the android tablet and then checked the app on the TV. It shows that the last show watched was Brokenwood, but it won't take me to episode 5. On the ROKU app, that episode doesn't exist.

33 REPLIES 33
KermTzu
Reel Rookie

Re: AcornTV app not refreshing new content

Same problem here. Restarted, refreshed, no updates available, removed, reinstalled. Nothing. Time for me to go to customer support.

Mainemama
Channel Surfer

Same here. Emailed Acorn. I think if enough of us flood them with emails they'll do something. Tried every fix I could think of. I can get the new episode on my phone but not on my Roku TV 

Prrothd1

Same here! I’m not able to watch episode 5! I checked Acorn on my Apple App and they have episode 5!

KermTzu
Reel Rookie

Had to be at Roku’s end; we have two (upstairs & down) and neither has episode 5

REO23

Same here. Went through all the same attempts to fix. Episode shows on Acorn TV iPad app but not on Roku StreamBar. FYI, the new episodes of Dalgleish didn't show up until late afternoon instead of in the morning as advertised.

Mainemama
Channel Surfer

Well, I'm going back and forth now emailing with Acorn. Just sent screenshots that they asked for. Let's see what they say...

Funny that if you try to access the Acorn app through the Roku channel the episode shows up there, but I refuse to pay for two Acorns just to see the show...

0 Kudos
Mainemama
Channel Surfer

Yes I was waiting for Dalgleish also. Finally got to watch it last night.

0 Kudos
Suelee000
Reel Rookie

Got email from AcornTV.  They are working on the problem, but don't have a timeline of when it will be fixed.

owlshade
Reel Rookie

Re: Acorn TV crashes back to Home Screen

Thanks for figuring this out. A baffling problem that started a few months ago.

I just verified that changing the Display Type setting from Automatic to 1080P solved the Acorn crash problem. This was with a ROKU Ultra with a wired connection to the service provider.

Programs made in Canada worked with the Automatic setting. Programs from the UK and elsewhere would sometimes work with the automatic setting after restarting or power cycling the ROKU 2 or 3 times. Acorn is the only channel I’ve used that has this problem, but I only use a few channels.