Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra?

Jump to solution

Hi @Lucyfan77 @Bruce88

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing. 

We apologize for the inconvenience this caused. Could you also provide us with the requested information posted by @RokuDanny-R? Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along your details as well to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Keep us posted. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

As far as assigning this issue to a specific channel, clearly it does not. This is not an Amazon Prime channel issue. I subscribe to Acorn directly. I have Britbox thru Prime, but don't recall having this happen more than a couple of times with Prime, and not specifically Britbox. It's occurring more frequently with Acorn as the week since it started has progressed.

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Depressing to hear that it’s going to happen to all the channels I guess, thank goodness I have a fire stick also.   

0 Kudos
Lucyfan77
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model 4802x Roku ultra

x010000jmk8vk

11.5 build 4312-c2

device soda223mk8vk

prime mostly (as that is what I watch most of the time). PBS and TUBI

I TRIED the home button- back button fine times.  Nothing happened either time.  But, this time the screen is bigger , on the right side of my screen.  

IMG_9462.jpeg

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

The home five times then back five times worked for me eventually, also when you are on the prime app and it is doing this when I hit the home button in general instead of taking one second to go to home it takes a good 5 to 7 seconds, very noticeable.  

0 Kudos
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

4800X Roku Ultra

X01000UKKWK0

11.5.0 4312C2

Have postage stamp picture issue on Acorn and Prime

I also just changed display type to 4K HDR TV from autodetect setting to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Bruce88 @Lucyfan77 

Thanks for following up and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dishington

Re: playing only in the top left corner!

Jump to solution

My unit is doing it too. I have to unplug it and plug it back in to get a picture. Please stop posting BS fixes when you know the problem is in the units. Either provide a fix or replace the units.

0 Kudos
jlanglie

Re: playing only in the top left corner!

Jump to solution

my Roku just started doing the same thing on all channels. I have been unplugging the Roku box from power  and re plugging. Do, so works until turned off and using the next time, then i have to boot it again. I've been using Roku for years upgrading as new units come out. Roku is the only way I watch tv unless there is a power outage then I use an antenna. but if i have to reset every time i turn it on, it will be easier to switch to firestick. Hopefully you can come up with an answer soon, because seeing the responses, nothing is figured out. 

0 Kudos
randys
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

What is the status of this issue, when will it be fixed, do we know when the 12.0 update will be?

I did a system reset because of this problem and now Icannot get HDR on Paramount plus app like before even though I have all the correct updates.  

I realize I can’t ask about the Paramount problem on this thread so once again does anyone here working for Roku know if the postage stamp size picture on the prime app is being resolved?

0 Kudos