Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bruce88
Channel Surfer

Re: [Prime Video] Picture minimized in upper left corner

Jump to solution

Hi, thanks for replying but if you review the posts, you will see what steps I've taken, and where the ROKU ultra stands (12). In previous posts, I've noted where I've had the issue, multiple sites. The most recent instances of the approx 3" wide, 2" tall image (0n a 42" Samsung smart TV) in the top left corner of the screen have been on Prime. IIRC I turned on the TV and Roku from off, selected prime, selected the movie, and it was tiny. Backed out to home screen and repeated to get the full screen image.

0 Kudos
cdrobsonjr

Re: Postage Stamp Display on Ultra?

Jump to solution

I have the exact same small picture problem when starting up the series LOST on Amazon Prime. I have to go out of Prime to some other channel which performs normally, then come back to Prime to get a full screen viewing.  This started several months ago.  But in my case, no change in hardware or anything. We've had the same remote control that came with the ROKU 4802X.  I've made sure the version (12.0.0) is up to date and done resets, made sure the Display Type is set to Automatic (1080p) as I don't have a 4K capable TV.

I'm also experiencing choppy video and sometimes it just hangs for minutes at a time.  Makes watching Amazon Prime unwatchable.  SO AGGRAVATING!  Sorry now I "upgraded" to the Ultra 4K.  My older Roku box worked flawlessly.  What a waste of money.  Also, this new box runs very, very warm!

0 Kudos
m0nkmaster

Jump to solution

Anyone still seeing this? It was happening for me but has now gone away. I see that Prime Video released an app update. If you're still seeing this issue try updating to the latest app.

Are you seeing it all the time cdrobsonjr?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for your patience while we worked with the channel provider to investigate this issue.

Please be aware that there was a recent channel update that should have resolved the issue. If you are still experiencing an issue, we will need more details about what you are seeing. Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot of the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: [Prime Video] Picture minimized in upper left corner

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with a small display on the Amazon Prime channel.

We would be more than happy to investigate this issue further, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
  • screenshot when the issue occurs

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bp55
Reel Rookie

Re: playing only in the top left corner! - Update

Jump to solution

I tried un-installing Prime Video using the steps suggested. No change.

Then I turned off Power-saving and left it off for about 2 weeks. No occurrence during that period.

Turned Power-saving back on and so far (a couple weeks now) the postage stamp has not appeared.

What should also be noted is the software version. I can't say for sure that there was an interim update, but the version I am now running is:

12.0.0 build 4184-C2

on my 4800X - Roku Ultra

I hope it is permanent fixed and that this info. will help

0 Kudos
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Re: playing only in the top left corner! - Update

Jump to solution

Hi @bp55 

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! We appreciate your feedback. 

If ever you're having problems or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again in the future. Thank you!

All the best,

Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos