Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbrob

Re: Pluto TV App Not Working

Jump to solution

I have find that Pluto will start and play on a 1080p tv but not on my 4k tv's. 

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That's a good observation. 
it's the same at my house 

0 Kudos
45six
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Good news and good point, lol.

0 Kudos
theMezz
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Here's more info 

https://www.howtogeek.com/877995/roku-os-12-release/

hope the interface home page doesn't end up with clutter and **bleep**. It's nice and clean now. 

0 Kudos
Rknrlangel

Re: Pluto TV crashing on both of my Roku devices

Jump to solution

I have been having the same problem with my streaming stick...I thought my roku had died (it wouldnt come on at all)!  Pluto was working before it decided to take a vacation, but now it goes to the pluto screen and before it can load, it goes back to the roku home screen.  I have restarted, rebooted, reset and even switched hdmi ports.  Still wont work.

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please be advised that our team is currently investigating this issue. For them to isolate the cause of the problem, please provide us with the following information:

1. Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID, Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  2. Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  3. Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  4. Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Ricpege

PLUTO will not load on any Roku Player

Jump to solution

We have 2 Roku Players that suddenly stopped loading the Pluto Channel . 

I have followed the recommendations.  Checked for updates, removed reinstalled channel .rebooted the modem router. The issue started today all other channels load correctly. Since this is happening on all players I dont feel sound a factory reset would benefit. Is Pluto having a issue? Very frustrating as I watch pluto most of the time. Please help!!

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: PLUTO will not load on any Roku Player

Jump to solution

@Ricpege 

Pluto did have some issues a week or so ago along with an outage that was affecting a fair number of Pluto users on Roku, but I think most of those have been resolved.

Try restarting your Roku device between the removal and reinstallation of Pluto TV in order to clear out any corrupted cache.

The correct procedure for removing and reinstalling channels on a Roku device are...

1. Remove the channel/app

2. Restart the Roku device or RokuTV (Settings/System/Power/System Restart).  On older Roku devices, Settings/System/System Restart.

3. Reinstall the channel/app.

----

If still having issues feel free to report back with the Roku model numbers from Settings/System/About as well as your Roku Software version and build.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
abbelyn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Kariza,

Two Roku devices

Pluto app version 5.24 build 1

First Roku = 3941x / os 11.5.0 build 4312-CR

2nd Roku 4800x / os 11.5.0 build 4312-C2

1st Roku is on a 1080p Sony tv. Have already uninstalled, rebooted and reinstalled app.

Any direct display resolution selection boots a load of the Pluto app the right back to home

If I set display to automatic, it loads without issue.

Did these same steps on the 2nd Roku as well.  2nd Roku is on a 4K HDR10 Only Sony tv.

2nd Roku still would no load past the app loop even on Automatic.  I typically have it selected to 4K HDR because the 4800x otherwise gets confused and freezes at home when pulling out of screensaver mode.

My guess here is this has something to do with how display resolution is being sent to the Pluto app or how their app handles it.  Their app was updated on 2/28, around when this issue started for most ppl.

Update

After getting it working on the first Roku and troubleshooting the second Roku the Pluto app that was working on the first is now not working again.  I think is is because both are on the same Roku account and when I removed to troubleshoot on the 4800x it rebroke the functionality on the 1st one.  I retraced my troubleshooting on the 1st one again but alas was not able to get it to work again 

klasekfilmfan
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I also have a Fire TV Stick and PlutoTV works on it like it always has (although it has and has always had its own set of issues).

On the Roku, I tried changing native resolutions, uninstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and anything else I could think of. It remains completely bricked.

I'm having a hard time understanding how one of the most popular apps on the streaming device could remain unusable for weeks now? And clearly, the issue is on Roku's end, since PlutoTV works on other devices.